Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jay_68

Cold shower therapy!

After many years of research I do believe that bathing in warm water is probably the main cause of acne. Although, of course it is true that acne is a mulifactorial disease, but hot water is one the most important factors. Our civilization is almost perfect in many ways, but we pay very little attention to proper bathing.

Probably 1-2 minutes of cold shower switches of the otherwise prolonged effect of warm water, and that is why the old Romans used their "frigidarium" in their bath.

http://stories.indobase.com/article_4303.shtml

Cold Showers are the secret behind Elizabeth Hurley’s sexy skin!

She may hate them, but British beauty Elizabeth Hurley has revealed that nothing works wonders for her skin better than a good cold shower.

The former Estee Lauder model, who even at the age of 41 has managed to maintain her stunning looks, said that though cold showers were ‘hideous’, they still remained the perfect way to improve the condition of the skin.

“I like turning the shower to cold. It’s hideous, but it’s really good for the skin!� Contactmusic quoted her, as saying. (ANI)

Plz note that frigidarium (cold water bath) was an important part of the Roman bath, they always finished their bath in cold water.

well if it works for one person there's probably a good chance it works for others as well. i guess you have no harm in trying. it's not like it could make your skin worse.

http://stories.indobase.com/article_4303.shtml

Cold Showers are the secret behind Elizabeth Hurley’s sexy skin!

She may hate them, but British beauty Elizabeth Hurley has revealed that nothing works wonders for her skin better than a good cold shower.

The former Estee Lauder model, who even at the age of 41 has managed to maintain her stunning looks, said that though cold showers were ‘hideous’, they still remained the perfect way to improve the condition of the skin.

“I like turning the shower to cold. It’s hideous, but it’s really good for the skin!� Contactmusic quoted her, as saying. (ANI)

Plz note that frigidarium (cold water bath) was an important part of the Roman bath, they always finished their bath in cold water.

Everyone is different. What works for one person, doesn't always work for another. But try it. It might work for you. Good Luck!!!

Elizabeth Hurley also has being quoted as saying that she eats one raisin for a snack and that her doctor told her to stop starving.

Let's assume guys that everyday warm bath can damage your skin! Tell me, please the first civilization that used warm water for bathing! Was it the Roman? If the answer is yes, then why is it that they finished their bath in cold water, and there was no way to leave the bath only through the frigidarium. Were they CRAZY? They created public baths everywhere, was it just for fun?

So if the above mentioned hypothesis is true we are all very poor stupid assholes.

Elizabeth Hurley also has being quoted as saying that she eats one raisin for a snack and that her doctor told her to stop starving.

I also hear she worships an ancient demi-god and that her rabbi told her to stop.

i used to take cold showers, (for other reasons: to see how much i could tolerate) but i stoped after noticin how cold weather was messin up my face ... so are they different from each other ?? should i start again ??

i used to take cold showers, (for other reasons: to see how much i could tolerate) but i stoped after noticin how cold weather was messin up my face ... so are they different from each other ?? should i start again ??

You could try it. Google cold shower therapy and there are websites promoting as an easy way to increase circulation.