Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jasota

do i need glasses

:( ok so i dont wear glasses but now days i cant see too well is it me or is it the tane?

do i need to get em checked?coz if i do im definitely gonna get some power....

My derm warned me that decreased night vision is a dangerous side effect of accutane as it can effect your driving. I would get it checked out.

:( ok so i dont wear glasses but now days i cant see too well is it me or is it the tane?

do i need to get em checked?coz if i do im definitely gonna get some power....

There are alot of scary side effects to Accutane. Definately get your eyes checked. Good Luck!!

my dosage is 20mg/day and im like on capsule 64...

thing is i dun wanna get glasses jus coz its a side effect of tane....

wat if i dun really need em' shd i check them only in june wen i'll be off tane??

so confused

Go get them checked. Curing your acne will be pointless if you can't see your clear skin to enjoy it.

yep...my vision changed for the worse while I was on tane ...not to mention the dry eyes too.. see an optimologist.. if you cant see well, you are only gonna be miserable... :(

well i can see and clearly too...but at times while lookn at far away objects ......not objects actually,maybe something written/typed thats kinda blurred

well i can see and clearly too...but at times while lookn at far away objects ......not objects actually,maybe something written/typed thats kinda blurred

Although AmberLynn makes a point about decreased night vision, this doesn't sound like what you are describing. Corneal opacities have been reported with use of accutane as well. A corneal opacity is a cloudy spot on the cornea. Sometimes these can be caused by infection or corneal scar tissue. Some symptoms can be cloudy spots or vision loss.

Although these symptoms usually subside with discontinuation of the drug (sometimes quickly, sometimes within 6-7 weeks) I would still recommend seeing an opthamologist or your prescribing doctor.

As mentioned, it could also be the fact that you need glasses. That happened to me and it just seemd like one day I couldn't see anymore...turns out I needed glasses :D

Talk to your healthcare providers...