Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
monikalui

Hormonal acne but Got acne after taking birth control pills

Hello Ladies:

I am hoping someone could help me. I am 25. I always had problems with my periods - which lasts for 14 days. Until 21 I had no pimples. Them to regulate my periods my gyno got me on Ortha Tri Cycle due to which I started getting pimples. I hated that so I stopped after 6 months. I acne was full swing espicallly before periods. Then at 23 I got into Yashmin. It made my acne worst. I quit after 6 months. My acne didn't stop at all. Then I got into minocycline and Retinol last year. I think it has helped me some extend but not the PMS acne flare which is at full swing before periods. Any one can suggest what should I do now since the 2 Birth control pills proven to reduce acne caused me acne... PLESAE HELP I AM DESPERATE!!!

Talk to your doctor about Aldactone and taking one of those birth control pills at the same time with it. You seem to have the same problem I did, which may be PCOS that can be helped.