Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Whomsoever

Trouble with Good Product

Dear Dan,

Some months ago I posted a comment about the safety seals fixed onto the tubes of BP Gel. Specifically, I wrote that I received three tubes of gel with two ineffective safety seals. As a long time user of the regimen, I chalked this up to bad luck and ate the cost of the unsealed tubes – which I threw away.

I realize that I must exhibit a certain eccentricity in requiring that my tubes come sealed in some way, but it helps me feel comfortable about your product which comes to me from different, anonymous, places, and passes through the hands of people I will never meet, on the way to my door.

Yesterday, I received a delivery of three tubes of BP Gel, all of which were fitted with seals that didn’t work. That is to say, the little bit of plastic wrapping – which is now just around a little bit of the fat end of the tube and the cap – can be removed and re-fitted without tearing the wrapper. In other words, all my tubes came, effectively, without any kind of seal.

Truly, I am a little frustrated. This has never been a problem before, and certainly it was never a problem with the old formula tubes. What is happening? I will be throwing out these three new tubes, and again, eating the cost of the order. All totaled, and because I require that any mail order food or drugs be sealed, I am out over fifty dollars.

In the greater scheme of things fifty dollars isn’t a lot of money and I don’t mind loosing it, especially when I think about how great the regimen is, or how glad I am to have discovered it. I feel a special loyalty to your product because you told me how to get clear using other company’s products. But I need effective safety seals. I need a seal on the tubes that must be broken to open the gel or I can’t use it.

If my complaint is just a drop in the bucket, or if it is too inconvenient for the Gel to be packaged the way it used to be, please tell me, so that I don’t throw away any more money.

W.

Hang onto your tubes until you hear from Dan, don't throw them away. More than likely you can probably exchange them for 3 more tubes. And there also may be a reason why the seals are looser than they used to be.

But anyway, just don't throw them away until Dan can see this and reply to you.

We only put the plastic seal on there for shipping purposes. They are not for safety. If and when we get on store shelves, we might want to think about a better "safety" seal, but these are just to make sure the tubes don't pop open in the mail. There are not many people who handle the tubes. The public never gets to handle the tubes. Only the manufacturer and the distributor touches them before they're sent to you.

If you are just going to throw them out, lets work out a deal and I'll buy the tubes from you.

But really, you should be able to trust Dan and his associates. I work for a pharmaceutical company and MANY products DO NOT have seals on them. I don't even think On The Spot had a seal either.

So some random mail man would have to open the envelope and get an exact copy of it just to screw your products up? I believe this is pretty much impossible since there rest great punishments on mail men who do this, like, the company as well as the governement as well as customer would be sueing the guy/girl.

Also, I'm pretty confident in the fact that nothing will happen at the experienced companies themselves since there also strict rules and check ups on this. If something would go really wrong it would be a huge hit for the image of the company.

I think it's a slight overreaction on behalf of the OP. I mean realistically, what would actually happen as a result of there being no strong seal?