Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ukskin

E45 Ingredients question?

the main ingredient is water but it also contains petrolatum and paraffinum liquidum which sound remarkably like oil. Could those in the know do a quick ingredients check on e45 moisturising lotion and check its not acne causing.

can you provide a link since this is a UK product? I wouldn't know where to look to find an ingredients list.

Thanks.

have no fear

Dami3ns here

E45 isnt a good moisturiser for the face

i used it for a few weeks at the very start of my regimen an its VERY greasy an not good for skin at all

try eucerin man!

euricin is quite expensive so dont want it to be my sole moiseriser.

Cant find a link so here goes: Aqua, petrolatum, isopropyl palmitate, paraffinum liquidum, glyceryl stearate, ceteth - 20, hypoallergenic anhydrous lanolin (medilan), phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, hydroxyethylcellulose, carborner, propyl-paraben, sodium hydroxide, bht.

also trying simple sensitive soap.

E45 always made my skin RED and swore and it was so horrible and disgusting for me personally i would never touch that product again.

I also remember reading a fair few articles about paraffinum liquidum being bad for the skin.

Paul

Funnily enough I was told to use this by a doctor when I was a kid and had extremely dry skin now i'm the opposite... really GREASY!

I feel I need to balance this topic out a bit...

I use E45 everywhere except my face. It doesnt break my back or chest out. I have really dry skin and E45 works wonders for me. I love E45 :):):)

Lucy xx

yea skin is a lot harder an tougher on backs and chests.

its different for faces coz they are very sensitive and always on show unlike backs an chests

if u apply e45 on ur back n chest it wud probably be fine!

but its because its on ur face with many more pores which are vulnerable to infection due to being exposed to dirty air etc blah blah, sun irritation blah etc blah :P

so yea i gues lucyis right in sayin that e45 wud work fine on backs n chests

an i agree with her!

but steer clear of it on ur face imo!

i bought e45 mosituriser before i realised about the oils... now i use it on my neck (where i do not get acne nor do i actively apply bp but has seemed to dry up since starting the regimen)... i got boots ACT moisturiser for the face.

i didnt get on very wel with act moisturiser!

let us kno if u think its ne good coz i personally think its crap and doesnt moisturise!

but that was just me :)

ok. e45 is a no no, is the soap ok?

Yes, I used Simple soap for a while, and it worked great with my skin, b/c it doesn't dry you out, as it's for sensitive skins. The only reason Im not still using it is because I found Valderma soap which works just as good and is cheaper.

there are a lot of cleansers available at boots that are oil free etc

if u want 2find one jus go in2 a large boots an ul be overwealmed with cleansers etc

i use the ACT cleansing bar

yea skin is a lot harder an tougher on backs and chests.

its different for faces coz they are very sensitive and always on show unlike backs an chests

if u apply e45 on ur back n chest it wud probably be fine!

but its because its on ur face with many more pores which are vulnerable to infection due to being exposed to dirty air etc blah blah, sun irritation blah etc blah :P

so yea i gues lucyis right in sayin that e45 wud work fine on backs n chests

an i agree with her!

but steer clear of it on ur face imo!