Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hildegard

Going on Accutane in Belgium/EU - Procedure/regulations?

Hi,

I plan on going on accutane soon. I've been on it before, about 8 years ago, with great results and no side effects. Several years later I had a medical issue that kind of messed with my hormones, and the acne's been back ever since. I'm on topicals (benzaclin, trentinoin), but it's only a semi-effective band-aid solution and I'm tired of dealing with this.

Here's where it gets a little complicated:

I'm moving from the US to Belgium in 4 months. With this whole iPledge program required now (I'm a 27 yr old woman), that may not give me enough time for all the pre- and post-treatment pregnancy tests and doctor's visits. Which are all rather ridiculous anyway since I'm not sexually active.

So I'm wondering about getting Accutane in Belgium- how easy it is, if it's just a normal prescription or if one has to do an iPledge kind of thing. I'm not sure what my health insurance will cover over there, and am trying to get informed so I can figure out the best way to do this.

Thank you!