Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dent

Exercise, sweating, hygiene and acne...

A doctor's words is no more credible than that of your own. If you know through experience that certain diets break you out, then it's not a myth. In that article, the study groups were less than 10 people and they could have been easily manipulated as often times they are. The article basically encourages you to see a dermatologist and spend money.

well i do think exercise can help u reduce acne and as for hygiene... as long as ur pores arn't clogged i don't

think it matters and diet i think if u in need of certain vitamin's it will make u more prone to getting acne

If I ever have the resources I'm going to conduct another study on how diet affects acne because I strongly strongly believe it does. It may not be for everyone, but I know for a fact that I can be clear for a month straight, as soon as I starting eating chips/drinking pop I'm going to break out. I think to state that diet does not affect acne is wrong, because not everyone is the same, and everyone's skin reacts differently to different factors.

exercise makes you sweat, sweat removes toxins that are built up and ready to go out, but wont as easily without the sweat, i dont know if this is true, but ive noticed that people who have acne find it more difficult to sweat, because the pores are clogged, this week im going to the sauna and see what it can do for the skin, can someone recommend/unrecommend this?

exercise makes you sweat, sweat removes toxins that are built up and ready to go out, but wont as easily without the sweat, i dont know if this is true, but ive noticed that people who have acne find it more difficult to sweat, because the pores are clogged, this week im going to the sauna and see what it can do for the skin, can someone recommend/unrecommend this?

I've been going out to my gym's sauna and I am sweating profusely though... So no problem there... The thing with the sauna. It really unclogs the pores on my face. Last month when all I did was go to the gym and of course after gym then go to the sauna to relax... It's like the pimples somewhat subdided on my face and the oil somewhat lessened. And some of my comedones miraculously came out without difficulty.

you've got to wonder....

if doctors simply told us to eat better and to exercise without using cleansers/creams/pills/inf. etc. then the economy would most likely errupt into chaos. if it was scientifically proven that all you needed to clear up your skin was a healthy lifestyle then BAM---bye bye Clean&Clear, Clearasil, ZapZyt, Phisoderm, possibly Neutrogena----no one would waste their hard earned money on that crap. not to mention the prescription stuff...

its very easy to say that the factors are unrelated, but then again---its not like they can explain how they would be, or even if they know what causes acne in the first place. "Duhr, well we know for a fact that its not caused by this this or that, but we're not sure what causes it anyway."

Doctors have started to get on my nerves. they're all so quick to prescribe anti-biotics, reluctant to prescribe accutane---because omg---it might work, and really quick to dish out hoards of topical sh-tuff....im so glad i decided to do some research of my own and stop listening to the damn derm.

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

The sole thing that keeps clearasil, clean and clear and other such brands in the shops is laziness. People want quick fixes and the marketing is amazingly effective on those who aren't educated on real skin care.

Exercise and diet have a huge effect on your skins health. In particular, Insulin spikes caused by low GI foods. Obviously there are many more facets, but that, in my opinion, is one of the major ones. Digestive function and health are also amazingly important and a poor diet does nothing but worsen both.

With all that said, screw studies and observations of 10 people. You are your best gauge of how you react to things. People need to open thier eyes and educate themselves holistically. Diet, exercise, smart skin care etc..