Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
smoothbig

Does hot showers give you pimples?

how showers drey ur skin .. so ur probobly irritating ur skin .. juss use warm ... where are u located? I live in New England and its finally getting warmer.

Hot showers probably DO irrate your skin - I know it dries my skin out. But I just CANNOT shower in cold or lukewarm water - I don't feel as clean.

I went through a period of washing my face in only bottled mineral water, cos I thought the chemicals in tap water might have an effect on my skin. Anyway, the water was always cool/room temp, and that still dried my face out, so to me it doesn't make any difference if I wash in cold or hot water.

and its getting colder!! noticed ive started to have hotter showers... anyone with an experience?

I take insanely hot showers.

It's not good for your skin because it dries it out,

but it shouldn't cause acne as long as you moisturize.

I have clear skin now and I still take hot showers.

SAME

as in syd aus.

but yeh ym showers are always hell hot,

to the point that i love the first breath coming out fo the toilet cos its not stuffed with steam ^_^

Lol, yer I love it when you try to have a shave after the shower, and the god damn mirror steams up! Lol.

I went through a period of washing my face in only bottled mineral water, cos I thought the chemicals in tap water might have an effect on my skin. Anyway, the water was always cool/room temp, and that still dried my face out, so to me it doesn't make any difference if I wash in cold or hot water.

same here...the room temp water didnt effect me any differently than hot water...my face still got pretty dry. although it dried my skin out a little, i found that making a washcloth REAL hot with water, and placing it on my face until it cooled off, was good for opening up my pores. i repeat the process of warming the cloth and placing it on my face...this even helped open up a nodule i once got.

Try not to get the hot water on your face if you're going to take a hot shower though. Instead if you want to wash your face in the shower, change the water to warm and then you can change it back when you're done washing your face.

i usually do a warm shower, but halfway i switch to midly cold. im just used to it, and its supposed to be really good for your immune system

Hot showers probably DO irrate your skin - I know it dries my skin out.

Tis true, once in the hot shower without checking, I jumped into the water naked. It irritated later on. Having said that, the result would not be different had I been wearing clothes.

i live in sydney australia, and its a really tough place to live with acne because it gets quite warm in sydney in the summer, and the sun's strength is really really strong, ive lived in the middle east for a while, so i though sydney would be nothing compared to it, in terms of summer, but i was wrong, very very wrong, the sun for some reason in Australia makes the acne problem very bad, i had acne before but barely noticeable and just 1 or 2, when i came to sydney, there was a breakout and within months, my skin started going really dry, i started getting heat rash, and blemishes on my cheeks, i was really annoyed. USE moisturizer always, a non comodogenic one for your face.

thank god its winter now hey? :) although days are usually still hot here nights are at the least cold, when you are applying BP.

and mornings.