Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
scoey

Getting a cyst to a head

hi,

im new here, and i signed up because i wanted advice on a cyst. Its next to my nose and has been there for ages. i remember i got a huge pimple there like 4 years ago, and i eventually popped it, but i think maybe all the stuff didn't come out. ive tried for ages to pop this one but it just gets bigger. Its been getting bigger and smaller depending on how much i agitate it for months. what can i do to bring it to a head so i can pop it? i read someone else said to put a warm compress on it. does this work. any advice would be much appriciated.

warm compress can work depending on how deep it is, sometimes the only thing you can do is go to your derm and get it injected. That is what I do when I get a cyst. It's better to have it injected then try to pop it and have it go deeper into the pore and aggrviate other pores surrounding it, that is why it keeps getting bigger. Plus when its injected...no scaring! :)

I have had a cyst on my face for a whole month now, and it shows no sign of budging. There is no point in trying to pop it, you won't get anywhere and will just make things worse. Like Sola said, inkecting may be the best thing. I put hot compresses on mine every night, and it is going smaller now, but I can still feel the hardness beneath the skin. my derm appointment is in June, and as the cysts on my face are increasing every day, I wil prob ask for them to be injected. Good luck. :)

do most cysts just go away by themselves? and how do you know for a fact if its a cyst or not. I have a lump beside my nose thats pretty red and not painful at all and im not sure if its a cyst or not.. I put some hydrocortizone + Tea tree on it and its smaller but will it only go away if it gets "popped"? thx

I'm in the same boat......I never had those horrible things in my entire life until recently.....I keep getting them just between my eyebrows..once one goes away anotherone forms. I can't stand it!!!! :evil:

:ninja: I'am a NINJA :D

my experience of cysts is that after a while it will come to a head, could take months maybe even a year like one of mine did