Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
katatonia

How long after stopping Roaccutane

It stays in your system for months following treatment which is why you're supposed to wait at least 6 months before doing lasers or peels.

So, I would wait about 6 months just to be safe -- you only have one liver.

It stays in your system for months following treatment which is why you're supposed to wait at least 6 months before doing lasers or peels.

Or 6 hours

Not exactly. The levels in the bloodstream have dropped to normal (isotretinoin is naturally produced in small amounts by the liver) within a couple weeks, but they say one month to be sure. After one month you are basically safe for things like becoming pregnant or giving blood. Your doctor should perform a final bloodwork to make sure your levels are back to normal, and if no liver abnormalities like elevated enzymes are present, then you could safely drink (moderately, of course) after a month.

Now, some of the effects of Accutane do persist beyond the course, but they aren't the effects that stress the liver. It's mainly slow healing, dryness, and skin fragility which can take about six months to normalize, but that's because isotretinoin has long term effects (like acne clearing for instance) which somehow persist even after bloodstream levels have normalized.

ye i ant had a spot in like a week n half, went out friday and saturday wiv the lads and got blotted (bad i no,(first time in 9 week tho),

woke this morning with 3 spot/cysts on my neck and 3 on my face.....dunno if its a coinvidence or not but....