Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bjf02031986

Opinions Please

I've been trying various creams etc. for removing a load of the scars on my chest which are about 1cm in diameter but to little effect, they just seemed to flatten them a little and fade the colour. So I thought I'd try the hardcore approach and cut them off. It may sound stupid but it's seeming pretty effective after two days or so, and it doesn't hurt because it's just white, tough scar tissue. Also when I've cut into them a bit I drench it in vinegar which really seems to help, it kinda shrivels it a makes much softer, it seems to grow back slightly each day but I just try to keep wearing away at it. Just wondering what people think about whether this'll work or not.

i think youre talking about hypertrophic scars.. if you are, i have them too <=] i have to give props for having the balls to do such a drastic thing. i wouldn't do it myself because these type of scars will grow back if you mess with them. if it is helping you then you should do it, but keep in mind that if you go too far... they might turn into keloids.. keloids are bad.. because they aren't just little bumps anymore.. they will grow to large sacks of skin tissue.. very bad....... be very careful my friend, best of luck.

Yeah I assume that's what they are, I tried it before without the vinegar and they did grow back, but quite a bit smaller. The vinegar does seem to make a lot of difference it seems to kind of melt it. I'd been doing a lot of it by scraping it with an extremely sharp pen knife which really smoothes it well, I'm just hoping if I keep exfoliating it enough it wont grow back because the two I've tried it on are basically gone. :pray:

hmmmmm reallly?! this is very interesting... i should try this since you've gotten such good results. can you explain your method further? and dont worry ill be in the thread until youve finished =]

I got a really sharp knife, kept poking it till the skin was broken and then just kept scraping it with the knife until it's just white scar tissue, got some small scissors and tried to cut some bits out of it (bleeds a bit when you do this), then just kept scraping it (bleeds a fair bit then but still can't really feel it). It seems pretty damn strong stuff to cut through so you can't really be gentle with it. Then I just cover it in vinegar afterwards, which stops the bleeding and kinda softens and shrivels it. I'll let you know in a week or so how it's looking, cus I'm definitely gonna try it on all the other now.

Nah, it's nowhere near as bad as it sounds, the bits I've done look literally like a slight graze, they're flat and everything I'm just trying to keep exfoliating it quicker than it'll grow back, seems to be softening up though, a lot less aggravated than when I first did it. I can see why none of the peels or anything worked, it's almost rock hard.

It's worked absolutely brilliantly!! :D:D I'm still applying vinegar to it daily whilst it's healing over but they're essentially gone!! Could not be more pleased, one of the smaller ones ( about 1cm) has almost healed over and it looks just like normal skin. Really really pleased! :D