Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tenshi

Why are high end cosmetic salewomen so stuck up?

I went in today to buy a mac foundation brush..well la-dee-da.. these women think they are the queens of Sheba..they walk around with their noses in the air..their fake smiles and oh yes, that's $75..i said ohh..thats a lot of money for a brush...her face was blank and she looked at me like i was a peasant.. :lol:

Granted not all are this way, but iv noticed since ive dealt with acne i find it a lot easier to walk into these stores and buy products. You know the ones, bright lights, mirrors eveyrwhere, women glammed up with 2 inch of makeup on..i mean this lady didnt even look good, she was overweight, 4'11 and talked to me like i was a nothing...nobody would even smile...this just irks me so much...even when she handed me my change she just gave me this dirty glare and i felt so uncomfortable..it was almost as if i was trying to be the nice sales rep and she was the difficult customer..

i dont know if imbeing paranoid so i want ot know if any other girls have experieinced this high end snobbery from these posh makeup stores...i dont get it from all, but i always feel slightly uncomfortable in these places for some reason..and now i know why..because of the crappy service form some biatch..

since ur the cusdtomer , just ask her , wtf's ur problem u pmsing or something

i was going too..and then i thought screw her..whatever her problem is, its got nothing to do with me..

Guest beanz

oh yeah, i know what you mean. the worst part is when they're standing around talking to eachother when they know you're standing right there. i didn't have that problem when i bought mac makeup (and never will again...broke me out and horrible coverage) because i had a sweet gay guy helping me. but there are tons of other high-end cosmetic saleswomen that are really snobbish. i mean sometimes they'll just sit there applying & reapplying their make up...so annoying

if she was giving u a problem then maybe u should have said something b/c ive noticed when ur too nice or

don't speak ur mind the problem never gets solved... (im too nice atm and i just realizing that i get stepped on)

i don't think u should stoop to her level but ask her why are u being rude to me and if she wants to escalate the

situation just walk away and say forget it

:lol:

Tenshi your back already

i never left..i just wanna stay away from the lounge a bit..

no, i wasnt gonna speak my mind coz she didnt do anything wrong..she was just stuck up..i guess its my attitude that should just change and say 'oh well, its her problem, not me'.. i mean who knows..maybe she felt something totally different to what im thinking...we never know...i just despise the whole fake routine in those places..just because their product is a high end label its as if they feel they are somehow upper class..

I'll admit, those high end cosmetic counters intimidate me, too. Although, soon, I'm going to have to bite the bullet and go talk to some of them because cheap make-up just ain't doing the trick anymore.

The reason they never smile is because their faces are caked in that much make up that their face cannot move underneath the sheer weight of it! Its like having cement slapped all over your face!

I went in Virgin Vie for some make up that I found at a makeup party. I got this pale foundation/cream, which I knew was lighter than my skin tone, but I only wanted it to cover the acne and then I could add some colour with bronzer.

Anyway, this cement-faced woman came over just as I was about to pay and said "you're not buying that are you!?". I said I was, and you could see her eyes flicking back and forth between each acne spot on my face. She smirked at me and said I needed a darker colour, proceeded to get one of those awful make up sponges that drags across your face and piled on some awful brownish foundation, rubbing it all over my spots which made my eyes water!

Well, I went out of there a mess!! Acne all swollen up because of the trauma and a face which looked as though it had had poo smeared all over it!

Definitely my worst make up experience EVER!!! And I never did buy any foundation off them, so that was a sale they lost! Ha, serves em right! :snooty:

ugh, i've noticed the same thing! and it's ALWAYS at the mac counter...i practically have to jump up and down and scream to get their attention...the salesgirls are always talking with each other...and then they give you a dirty look when you need help...like youre interrupting their "talk time." they try and look all superior, when really, they shouldnt be...how hard is it to be a make-up lady anyways :|

I give them attitude right back. One time at the Estee Lauder counter, I asked if they had any acne fighting concealers. Of course, the lady pulled out a bunch of crap that would "cover my acne real well". Then I stared directly at her wrinkles, and said "does it help cover wrinkles also". OF course, I caught her off guard, and she quickly stammered "oh yes". My sister who was with me the whole time says "no way, you don't have wrinkles. And when you get them, use botox". SO we ended up humiliating the clown instead. I always buy my clinique stuff online. I only go to the dept stores to buy them if they are giving away free gifts.

ugh, i've noticed the same thing! and it's ALWAYS at the mac counter...i practically have to jump up and down and scream to get their attention...the salesgirls are always talking with each other...and then they give you a dirty look when you need help...like youre interrupting their "talk time." they try and look all superior, when really, they shouldnt be...how hard is it to be a make-up lady anyways :|

LOL, this thread is so funny. Imagine if those MAC girls were reading this... they'd be lik "OMG, Jolene... look wat dey is sayin" But I get what you mean these women in these cosmetic stores act really high class, it's a bit annoying really.

I normally don't buy high-end cosmetics......I get my Loreal liquid foundation from Wall-Mart. :clap:

But yeah, I have ventured into a few of those stores...the lighting is way bright urghhhhh! I get the opposite though, as soon as I walk in, they run up to me, "Can I help you?" Get away!!! Let me look!!!! Then they start suggesting shi*t. Please step back and let me breath!!!

If I get expensive cosmetics, I'll go into a department store. Normally only 1 saleslady is at the counter, and there too many customers. She's running around all frantic. She just gives me samples and leaves me alone until I'm ready to purchase. :D

the worst part is when they're standing around talking to eachother when they know you're standing right there.

Oh yes! Actually I was in there the other day...same thing happened to me. Finally, I left and went to the MAC counter in a department store instead of the stand-alone MAC store. Much better.

But I have had similar experiences at Clinique, Lancome, etc. What I've found to be best is to go in the morning or early afternoon on a Mon/Tue/Wed when nobody else is around.

And act like you know what you're talking about, for example, you can say: "I'm looking for a good foundation that stays matte and covers very well-something with a bit more coverage that the one I'm using now".

As opposed to: "I dunno, what do you think would work for me?"

I have to say, the former really helps. I've found I have to do it because I usually go shopping in my workout gear with a backpack (I teach aerobics) and they never take me seriously unless I sound liek I know what i'm talking about.

i hate MAC bitches!!

its true, go in to a MAC counter at a department store than the actual MAC store they are MUCH nicer and more helpful..

whenver i walk into the MAC store the dumb bitches are just standing around clearly doing nothing and dont say a word to me.. i asked one of them which sponge is the sponge for studio fix? she acutaly like laughed at me and pointed to which everone it was... when i went 2 the counter to pay there was like 4 of them standing around "i dont wana do it." "hey can you do this one? pleaseee"

theyre awful.. like why do u thikn you're so great.. YOURE WORKING IN RETAIL.. you're not a famous designer or anything. geez learn how to be nice to people.. its like MAC custom to be a snobby bitch.. it happened to me alot of times in that store i really want to complain !

I didn't know they had counters for them. I just go to a department store too. Much easier. Nobody is rude or anything.