Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CanadianChron

are mild wrinkles normal at my age?

hey been on the regimen about 4 months completely clear, not a single zit for well over a month but as i inspect my now nearly perfect skin i've noticed i'm getting wrinkles that seem to get worse as the day goes on. they are around my mouth, i guess laugh lines they are called, and one along the top of my forehead. when i arch my eyebrows many lines show up but only the top one reemains visisble afterwards. actually i can only notice them in my bathroom mirror when i put my face close t o the mirror under the light, otherwise they're not visible. the thing is i never looked at my face that close before the regimen so i don't know if they're normal or not...i'm only 20 years old though so i don't think i should have these. do normal people get them at this age or is it just the regimen? my face always feels pretty mositurized but it often flakes and these wrinkels from time to time get better and worse so i realy dont know whats going on. using eucerin 5% urea face cream and neutrogena oil free moisturizer. i also tried adding neutrogena healthy skin which actually someitmes helps but sometimes doesnt make a difference. im just concerned cause i dont wanna end up with wrinkes all over my face by t he time im 25 cause of this benzoyl peroxide, that'd be as bad as the acne itself.

hey been on the regimen about 4 months completely clear, not a single zit for well over a month but as i inspect my now nearly perfect skin i've noticed i'm getting wrinkles that seem to get worse as the day goes on. they are around my mouth, i guess laugh lines they are called, and one along the top of my forehead. when i arch my eyebrows many lines show up but only the top one reemains visisble afterwards. actually i can only notice them in my bathroom mirror when i put my face close t o the mirror under the light, otherwise they're not visible. the thing is i never looked at my face that close before the regimen so i don't know if they're normal or not...i'm only 20 years old though so i don't think i should have these. do normal people get them at this age or is it just the regimen? my face always feels pretty mositurized but it often flakes and these wrinkels from time to time get better and worse so i realy dont know whats going on. using eucerin 5% urea face cream and neutrogena oil free moisturizer. i also tried adding neutrogena healthy skin which actually someitmes helps but sometimes doesnt make a difference. im just concerned cause i dont wanna end up with wrinkes all over my face by t he time im 25 cause of this benzoyl peroxide, that'd be as bad as the acne itself.

i'm glad you asked this question, b/c i was going to ask it myself. i'm 28, and had MINOR laugh lines before starting the regimen... but the regimen has DEFINITELY made them much more pronounced and noticeable. it also seems to have created more where there were none before! i try to use lots of extra moisturizer to combat this problem, but it doesn't seem to help! anybody else have this, or know anything that helps? i agree with you, getting a ton of wrinkles would totally be as bad as the pimples themselves. (oh -- and i've only been on the Regimen about 3 weeks now.)

i have the same exact problem and no1 seems to give me straight answers .. they say moisturize but i moisturize like crazy .. i have wrinkles on my forhead now .. they were always there but not as promineent as they are now. Is this due to all the acne products ihave used over the years (started at 14 now 18) im afraid trying to cure my acne is depriving my skin. Today i did soemthing different and my skin looks much better .. instead of washing my face with soap (i know its bad but its all i have right now i usually use a bar) i juss took a few peices of toilet paper and wet down my face with Witch Hazel .. i then took a warm shower and amde sure the soap didnt touch my face, i rinse with cold water and i moisturized with aloe vera and moisturized with cetaphil. I recommend buying Vit E with Cocoa Butter and Vit A .. it hasnt broken me out and Vit E is essential for ur skin and it has been helpin .. They sell it at CVS. I also use an AHA with 8% GA i hope its working....

I only use BP every once in a while but even those few times make my face exteremely dry .. i was thinking would BP as a bar work better in the shower bc the cream or gel is on ur face all day and the bar isnt ... another thing is .. whats better Glycolic Acid or Lactic Acid or do they work the same way? How long did it take any1 to see results with AHA 8%?

Wrinkles are not normal, especially around the mouth, at 20! They are not wrinkles though. It's dryness. The problem is your moisturizer. You can moistuize all you want with a crappy moisturizer and it'll still only last for a couple hours as you've noticed. So you need something better. Eucerin Skin Renewal was my favorite, but it's getting impossible to find. So, see if you can find a moisturizer with lactic acid or glycolic acid in it. That should fix you right up. The only one I know that is good is Neutrogena Healthy Skin with AHA, but the problem with it is that it stinks royally. It is so heavily perfumed that it makes me nautious. I'm trying to make a good moisturier, but in the meantime, let's try to find a good one out there that has AHA or lactic acid in it.

there probably expression lines.. some people have lines around their mouth whenever they talk and eventually it becomes permanent.. im only 17 and i have a line or two on my forehead and i see a ton of people my age with them.. if you make an expression too much, eventually it will turn into a line.. obviously it isnt from dryness if you still have them and moisturizering does nothing.. wrinkles arent always caused by aging.

um yeah, im only 16 and i have wrinkles. my dimple places are slightly wrinkled, my forehead, and around my eyes. its just maturing and getting older. it happens to people at different times

...im just concerned cause i dont wanna end up with wrinkes all over my face by t he time im 25 cause of this benzoyl peroxide, that'd be as bad as the acne itself.

I disagree, Canadian. Wrinkles can be fixed easier (specially at your age) than acne, and they're not as bad as freekin' nasty acne!

And I also disagree with Dan (for the first time :) ). NHS doesn't stink that bad... it actually smells like yogurt. I can stand it very well :D

Anyway, I just wanted to add that sun exposure promotes deep wrinkling as well, specially if you are under treatments that increase your skin's sensitivity.

Retinol has proved to be efficent in fixing premature wrinkling. I think I'll add it once I remain clear for about a year or two. I am aware, though, that some wrinkles I've got won't fade at all, but that's because I'm old... :D

It should work well though, in younger skins.

I think they are deffinetly from the bp,and a good moisturiser will help but i dont think any is good enough to get your skin back to how it use to be as in the tone it use to be.

Spots or wrinkles...which is worse??

im 18 and get told i look older than what i am all the time, it makes me upset as i know i have bad skin, and im pretty sure using BP all these years has ruined it, im considering botox or something to try and help it out or some kind of surgery, as acne is bad enough but i hate having wrinkles and looking twice my age, what the hell will i look like when im 30? I'd hate to look fucking 50 or something :(

Damn skin

I'm actually seeing fewer and fewer "wrinkles" lately, even though I'm not using any retinoids. I used to get the dryness wrinkles, but having switched to a better day moisturizer, they've improved a lot.