Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dishes

Jergens Natural Glow

I have a few questions for people that have actually tried Jergens Natural Glow (moisturizer with self tanner) on the regimen. I am not looking for opinions of those who haven't. I know the stuff tans and gives good color, I have seen it. But my question is, does this tan last while on the regimen? Does washing the face often and using so much BP make it spotty and come off? Also does the tan come off as you sweet? I am just curious about using it, but didn't know if anyone had. I didn't know if it would be safe to put on after the BP dries...and if it would work right. Thanks for any input!

I have a few questions for people that have actually tried Jergens Natural Glow (moisturizer with self tanner) on the regimen. I am not looking for opinions of those who haven't. I know the stuff tans and gives good color, I have seen it. But my question is, does this tan last while on the regimen? Does washing the face often and using so much BP make it spotty and come off? Also does the tan come off as you sweet? I am just curious about using it, but didn't know if anyone had. I didn't know if it would be safe to put on after the BP dries...and if it would work right. Thanks for any input!

I have used quite a few sunless tanning products while using BP, and though I never used Jergens, I would assume it would be OK...at least for me. Jergens is probably one of the better ones to start with because it moisturizes, and it also only lasts for a day or so. This way, if it looks bad, you know not to use it again.

Every time I have used self tanner with BP, it has made my skin darker and better looking. Even when my skin is dry and flaky (not extreme) it still helps moisturize and it still looks OK, it just looks like my skin is tan and flaky instead of white and flaky. I need to reapply fairly often, because it doesn't last too long on my skin, but even when I'm not using BP at all, I still reapply often because these products just don't last on my skin. Exfolitating every now and then helps your skin keep a sunless tan better.

I would say go for it. Post your results for us.

As I am typing this, I have BP on my face from about 20 minutes ago, and Savage Bronze (a sunless tanner) on from about 10 minutes ago.

And heres a little tip I use...If I have active pimples or red spots, I like to apply the product to my whole face, then dab the product off of my blemishes with a q-tip so they do not get darker along with the rest of my skin. This way it helps to conceal spots.

Ok, so normally, you wash your face, wait, apply bp...wait and then apply the self tanning moisturizer? I wonder if you don't use the self tanning moisturizer every day....if the BP will fade the tanner (esp. in the spots where you use the most BP)? Did you ever have a problem with the self tanner sweating off or getting on clothes? Thanks!

I have used quite a few sunless tanning products while using BP, and though I never used Jergens, I would assume it would be OK...at least for me. Jergens is probably one of the better ones to start with because it moisturizes, and it also only lasts for a day or so. This way, if it looks bad, you know not to use it again.

Every time I have used self tanner with BP, it has made my skin darker and better looking. Even when my skin is dry and flaky (not extreme) it still helps moisturize and it still looks OK, it just looks like my skin is tan and flaky instead of white and flaky. I need to reapply fairly often, because it doesn't last too long on my skin, but even when I'm not using BP at all, I still reapply often because these products just don't last on my skin. Exfolitating every now and then helps your skin keep a sunless tan better.

I would say go for it. Post your results for us.

As I am typing this, I have BP on my face from about 20 minutes ago, and Savage Bronze (a sunless tanner) on from about 10 minutes ago.

And heres a little tip I use...If I have active pimples or red spots, I like to apply the product to my whole face, then dab the product off of my blemishes with a q-tip so they do not get darker along with the rest of my skin. This way it helps to conceal spots.

What I do with self tanner- I use St Tropez whipped bronze- is do the regimen as usual and then wait about 30 mins. After that I apply the tanner to my bosy and face as usual and then on the area which I do the regimen (my chin area) I mix a little of my regular moisturiser with my tanner and then apply. I find this works fine and haven't come across any problems! :)