Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ManicDepression

BIOALCAMID, A YEAR LATER

hey everyone!

It s been a while since i visited this site. Anyway as far as remember it helped and depressed me at the same time. So here is my story.

It all started in august 2003, Montreal, when that motherf*cking "determatologist" Dr Carey at the McGill Hospital prescribed me 80mg of accutane/day. I hold him responsible for a year and a half of severe depression.

Anyway, after a few months every pimple left a scar, got depressed as they didnt leave, became over self conscious etc..started to visit that site everyday... u all know what it is. I tried vinegar, which help for some scars and gave me some hope. But most importantly i read about bioalcamid.

In january 2005 i went to see that doctor in Paris, she injected me twice that month. I was excited cuz it looked way better. Results started to fade as expected, but i kept some. I got 2 other rounds in May and June. The one in May left me with virtually 0 scar. Faded after a week or so but kept some improvement. The last one in June was the same deal.

Already after May i started to forget about my scars. After June i couldnt give a shit. My skin was objectively 90% clear of my scars, and on the top of that, it helped with the redness a lot. I started to get interested in girls again, got self-confidence again and spent the best summer of my life in Tokyo. I havent gotten depressed over my skin since, i havent been hiding myself like i used to, I havent been careful of the lighting that could hide or show my scars or anything. I m free from that shit.

Now, i guess i lost improvement since june, but i dont know maybe just a little over the summer and i clearly dont think about it anymore. It happens that i look at it sometimes at night and think that my skin is not great and i can still see the remaining of the scars, but i forget about it instantly.

I dont know how to describe the scars i had, a few were quite large, and not very deep.

Anyway, what it took was just some bioalcamid that boosted my self confidence again, now my skin isnt perfect but it s very very acceptable to me and this story is over. My only concern sometimes is that i m afraid to get a pimple on the injection site, but after that monster dose of accutane pimples are fairly rare and it never happened.

And for the scars i m not worried anymore, bioalcamid seems stable and if i ever feel that i need it again i ll just do it. Oh and for the price i believe it cost me 150euros/ml. not cheap but a good investment.

Anyway, take care, i wont come back.

Hi ManicDepression,

I'm glad that you've found something good for your scarring. Nevertheless, I would like you to clarify something for me please. You've had 3 Bioalcamid injections and each time, the results started to fade. So what was the exact overall improvemnt you had??? I got a little confused. Also, I didn't know BioAl was good for redness.

As you've described, your nightmare started when your Dr. prescribed you tane. So could it be possible that this mysterious drug had a longer effect in your body and finally your skin is getting benefited from it??

alright brother! that will be my life soon because as soon as i get rid of my hypertrophic scars on my chest and back i can go back to living life. =] tokyo eh? awesome! i will study abroad there in 2 years. cant wait!

CONGRATS =]

So could it be possible that this mysterious drug had a longer effect in your body and finally your skin is getting benefited from it??

no its not possible