Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

well at night i wash face, bp, and moisterizer (if i dont bp makes face dry)

in morning wash face and use clay mask, apply makeup

well at night i wash face, bp, and moisterizer (if i dont bp makes face dry)

in morning wash face and use clay mask, apply makeup

let me think about this and ill tell you what to do... Im trying to do homework right now....

Use a makeup primer or a moisturizing lotion that specifically says it combats oily skin and shine. I notice a HUGE difference when I use these. If you don't want to shell out $$$ for a expensive M/U primer I hear that Monistat gel is a great substitute.... research it on makeupalley.com and see yourself! I think I saw it recommended here too.

I hope those help... I hate packing on the powder twice an hour... looking powdery and makeup-ey is as bad as looking oily!

clean & clear oil absorbing strips

awesome product! although it tends to take a little of your makeup off with the oil. better to "blot" the paper across ur face rather than rub it (unless ur not wearing makeup). sometimes i do a slight retouching of makeup afterwards, but i usually dont care THAT much. feeling oily is just nastyyy

Got2b Pure Intent clay mask <--- THE BEST!!! It's about $5, sometimes cheaper, but it is AWESOME.

I myself have oily skin, but last week my skin was just so incredibly oily, for no apparent reason. After washing my face, it would be oily like 5 minutes later. So this is what you do:

- wash your face normally. Pat dry.

- Shake the tube, squeeze out a fair amount, and rub it between your fingers to spread it out on your fingers (use your index, middle and 4th fingers for this)

- spread it out on to your face, rubbing in circular motions, as if you were using a scrub, to spread out the mask into a thin-ish layer (not too thin, but not thick).

- let it dry for like 15-20 minutes.

You may notice a stinging/burning sensation... But it's not a bad thing, really :) Make sure to let it dry completely, and rinse thoroughly, using a face cloth to help remove residue, if necessary. This REALLY helped my skin become less oily. I really hope this helps!!

does anyone know any tricks to minimizing oily skin! its really annoying and embarressing!!! help please

From my own experience I found makeup makes your skin breakout much more. It masks oily skin for a few hours but doesnt obviously cure it.

I stopped using ALL makeup on my face over a year ago, the first few weeks even months were NOT pretty.

But along with a natural skin regiment and plenty of water your skin begins to "breathe" and starts to gradually look better.

Try using powder free blotting sheets which absorb excess oil and shine. Those are soooo great!

^ What do you like about that product the most..Why is it a godsend..I need specifics...lol :D

I might want to purchase it, Thanks

SUNBLOCK!! For some reason, when I apply sunblock before applying make up- it seems to absorb all the oil. Give it a try. Besides, you're suppose to use sunblock everyday anyways- it's good for you!

Just make sure it's oil-free. :rolleyes: