danishabs

Accutane log completed - 26/04/06 - 09/08/06

RESULTS

DAY 1

IPB Image

NEAR END

IPB Image

Hey guys,

I started accutane yesterday, after trying everything possible, doxycycline/minomycin/proactiv/clearsil, and 100 other different products. Antibiotics worked for a while but not for long enough :(

So had the bloods done, everything is fine, i've been put on 60mg a day, I just popped the pills for day 2 and no new developments, just some big cystic ones on my chin now, the usual ones on my right cheek, and a few here and there in random spots.

DAY 3

Not much to report, just on 60mg, no dry lips, nothing.. my chin has been a killer the last few days, about 6 whiteheads and 4-5 cysts, I know I shouldn't have popped the whiteheads but my chin was an absoloute mess.. just bracing for the IB

hi ihavepimples,

good luck for your treatment dude. ;)

I hope accutane will work for you soon.

All the Best! Keep us updated.

Have a nice day.

DAY 4

Whitheads on the nose, chin is still the same- i broke mmy collar bone in 2 places playing footy today just got back from hosital :(

DAY 5

Well accutane has taken a back seat atm, i used to look forward to taking it but pimples are the least of my concern, still taking them of course! Collar bone doesn't feel too bad atm, just hope it heals right.

Beggining to get sligghtly drier lips now, but nothing has really changed on the face, however i am noticing more whiteheads.

DAY 6

It's all systems go now, lips are drier, I noticed I had a really oily face but it is now flaking, 2 pimples on my forehead just dropped off overnight!

hey dude,

I'm sorry to hear that you broke your collar-bone playing footy some days ago. Ooh sounds painful. :cry:

I hope it'll heal quickly ;)

Don't worry about the few new pimples your skin will clear up soon. ;)

Keep us updated..

I cant sleep so ill post.

My skin is soooo oily, yet it is flaking at the same time, how long will it take for the oil to dry up i've got the shiniest face ever.

Hey,

Good luck with it all! Ur collar bone included! awww.

Hope it works out for ya matey

thx for support

DAY 7

IB in full swing now my face feels terrible and is flaking and I cant really get into the shower and wash it with soap-free wash for dry skin so it makes it worse

DAY 8

There has been one benefit of breaking my collarbone...I haven't been picking my nails, they're looking gooooood :dance:

Anyway..face is still the same, flaking like crazy with some more huge ass whiteheads popping up, will be good when IB has finished :)

Hey! Sorry to hear about your collarbone :comfort: Hope it gets better soon! Maybe you will heal quicker on accutane cause you will be at home relaxing a lot!

Hope things are going well! Stick it out, the IB will be over soon!

DAY 9

Thanks tgirl.

I'm going to ortho tomorrow to get new xrays done to see if I need surgery to alligne the bones, wish me luck that I dont!

My face is lookinh less aggressive today & feels it too! There is still a lot of flaking, nothing new has popped up.. the chin is the worst, it's funny though, i've neer had a pimple on my chin till a month ago, my cheek clears up and BAAAM its found a new spot to breed, oh wellll

DAY 10

Holy shit I have the stiffest neck from favouring my bad shoulder, gotta work on some exercises and posture to fix it, damn the pain is worse than the break!

pimples - my chin is shitting me it's really bad, no change today, just a damn sore pimple cystic ridden chin.

Hey there!! Sorry to hear about the collar bone and the nasties on your chin!! Good luck at the ortho doctors, wish you the best!! I'll be checking back to see how you're doing. Jules

Hey ihavepimples GOOD LUCK :D hope it work for you i know it will. i started om april 30 so we are beginners :D. WISH US THE BEST LUCK PEOPLE.

DAY 11

Today I have extremely dry skin, I am flaking everywhere, I don't think anything new has popped up besides 2 red cysts on my left cheek from yesterday...I am really hoping now my chin will start to clear up. Since starting tane I have got a few pimples on my forehead, I used to get huge breakouts on my forehead then they suddenly stopped, hopefully it's not coming back.. My lips are also getting even drier, I kind of started picking at them today :naughty:

I also woke up with a bleeding nose, first blood nose in my life

Hiii!! I started a few days after you :) Its good that everything is starting to dry up... i love when the pimples turn to scabs in like 1 day instead of a week... are you using anything on those dry lips? dont pick!!! :naughty: I use dr. dans cortibalm and i love it! and im sure guys would like it because its not shiny and its specifically made for accutane users! Well just dropping by the say hi and wish ya lots of luck! :cool:

Hiii!! I started a few days after you :) Its good that everything is starting to dry up... i love when the pimples turn to scabs in like 1 day instead of a week... are you using anything on those dry lips? dont pick!!! :naughty: I use dr. dans cortibalm and i love it! and im sure guys would like it because its not shiny and its specifically made for accutane users! Well just dropping by the say hi and wish ya lots of luck! :cool:

Thanks! I'm using CARMEX, but it's shiny as, I used a non-shiny blistex one but it sucked ass, I agree about the pimples scabbing within a day it's great haha. I'll look out fot dr. dans

DAY 12

I'm back at school tomorrow after having a week off with my bone break, in a way it was good because my face has been terrible all week and ultra ultra extremely oily, I took a photo and the shine is like whoa!, anyway that's gone now.

ooo day 12, nearly at 2 weeks! Face is very dry I will start to moisturise, I haven't bothered as i've been at home all week, the odd whitey has popped up, some near the jawline, nothing new on the chin! it is still a complete abomination however :(

DAY 13

I notice I have to put on more lip balm then usual because the lips just keep getting drier, no a lot of change... 2 cystic ones on my chin with whiteheads that are starting to flake, same with my forehead, hopefully they fall off soon

DAY 14 END WEEK TWO

SIDE AFFECTS SUFFERED IN 2 WEEKS

Blood nose

Dry lips

Flaking skin

I think it is starting to clear up a bit, compared to what it was like during the IB anyway! I have a big cystic one on my left cheek that is slowly starting to dissapear, and my chin is so much better, ooo im excited :)

hi ihavepimples

good luck on the treatment!!! all the best!!! just need a few months and its time to party for clear skin man...

me off...

DAY 15

Nothing to report, still some red cystic ones about, I can't help picking the scabs either.. still a long way off I think to totally clear skin.. hurry up!