Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What are some of your techniques to get rid of oily hair because it comes across my forehead and sometimes it will give me acne and im wondernig how to stop it... thanks :confused:

use shampoos without condictioner, or wear a hat/bandana, or shave your head

i heard blow drying your hair makes it really dry, or like wash it 2 times a day (morning and night)

haha the thing is I do wash my hair 2 times a day and my shampoo doesnt contain conditioner :X

wow, i use to do that and my hair would be all frizzy and dry for like all day. i switched to washing only once a day and using jojoba oil and its still sorta dry in places

Yeah, wish I had that problem. I need to go a full week without washing my hair before it gets oily.

Make sure you're using a clarifying shampoo, Suave has one. 98 cents at wal mart.

haha the thing is I do wash my hair 2 times a day and my shampoo doesnt contain conditioner :X

Then you might actually be drying out your hair too much and the oil is from your follicles compensating for the dryness. I would never wash my hair twice a day, I'd be scared of my hair falling out.

Then you might actually be drying out your hair too much and the oil is from your follicles compensating for the dryness.

Oil glands don't "compensate" for ANYTHING by producing more oil.

Bryan

Okay this might sound a little nonsensical, but the less you wash your hair, the less your hair needs to be washed. I decided I liked a little body in my hair before and slowly reduced the amount of times I washed my hair from once daily, to once every 3 or 4 days. At first it was oily but eventually it wasn't bad at all. Now I wash my hair every 2 days and by the second day it needs it.

Since you wash your hair 2 times a day...it must be pretty darned clean..

Just a thought.... :think: ..Did you ever stop to think.. maybeee.. the hair touching your forehead is getting oily from the oil on your forehead..? ..not the other way around?

Guest hopelessGuy

What are some of your techniques to get rid of oily hair because it comes across my forehead and sometimes it will give me acne and im wondernig how to stop it... thanks :confused:

Wear a hair net, or counter-act oil with oil, use animal lard as hair gel :D