Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
annie82

Chin acne

Hi everyone.

I was wondering if anyone would have ANY advice on how to deal with acne on the chin and the circumference of the mouth. I am a 23 year-old female whose had acne for about 10 years. I never get acne on my cheeks or back or anything. It's just horrendous on my chin though. Does anyone have any insights? The advice from this forum is way better than anything you get from the derm.

Thanks a lot,

Annie

same thing happens to me except im a 17 year old male. i only wash the bottom half of my face because thats the only place i get them. i dont know what else to say uhhh maybe try not touching your face at all through out the day.

The chin is the worst area for me too. I get some horrendous spots on it! I found that BP has helped me to kinda control them. It really dried out the big painful ones. And now it seem to keep the worst of the breakoputs away! :clap:

Hi everyone.

I was wondering if anyone would have ANY advice on how to deal with acne on the chin and the circumference of the mouth. I am a 23 year-old female whose had acne for about 10 years. I never get acne on my cheeks or back or anything. It's just horrendous on my chin though. Does anyone have any insights? The advice from this forum is way better than anything you get from the derm.

Thanks a lot,

Annie

I'm 22 and now have fairly clear skin (I still get pimples once in a while).

My problem area has ALWAYS been my chin.

For me diet, stress, and products made my acne way worse.

I went to the derm and they gave me differin which was awful!

I really don't trust the derm since they throw a product at you

and then tell you to come back to see if it worked at all.

I stopped using a lot of products for acne.

It only dried out my skin and made my acne worse.

Now I use a soap-free, non-medicated wash.

I also take it easy with the pimple cream.

My newest favorite product is paula's choice bha lotion and/or liquid.

When I first saw a difference in my skin

it was when I used a sensitive skin acne pack from www.zerozits.com

After about 4 days of using the pack I saw a HUGE difference.

Then after that I started yasmin and saw even more improvement.

I also think getting exercise, sun, eating well, and relaxing is important.

Hormonal acne generally shows up on the chin and jaw.

Do you have this all the time, or does it come and go with your cycle?

This and my forehead has always been my main problem areas. I didn’t do anything for years so when I took up a regime it was in a bad state.

Depending on how you want to get it under control, you can use.

Antibiotics and a course of peels

Once this is done, you can use a regime to keep it in check.

Something like greencream or Kinetin and/or Kinerase. I would also recommend using Jess’s exfoliation, although this will make the chin someone red and you will have to use make up and cut back on the time you do it.

Now there will be pigmentation marks to deal with, again over time using peels and exfoliation will do the trick if you have the patience.

Other wise its something more aggressive like lasers. (not CO2)

I also used to have a problem with my chin-the biggest thing that helped me was to take a high potency multivitamin. It seemed to help balance my hormones really well-I'm a vegetarian and I think I was missing something in my diet. I also use RAM .04% whcih seems to help as well. Of course my boyfriend thinks it's just psychosomatic:) but I don't think so. I hopeyou find something to help you!

I only have acne on my chin, and around my mouth as well.

Ive never had any on my cheeks on all my life. I had a bit on my forehead, but none for a few years, apart from the odd one, very rarely.

At the moment i seem to be getting large red bumps, that form into large yellow zits. :(

Hormonal acne generally shows up on the chin and jaw.

Do you have this all the time, or does it come and go with your cycle?

Comes around for me like clockwork. Seems to be improving a bit now that I have started using Retin-A micro. I'm planning on getting some of the mandelic acid LQ recommends and dropping my current AHA. We'll see how it goes!

Blah, my problem too. I'm a 23 year old female, and I've been on 2 types of BC pills, and none of them changed the process of my chin breaking out once a month whatsoever. Its REALLY sensitive with most products too, it doesn't take much to break my chin out.....but I find BP keeps it under control as long as I use the right kind (Spectro makes my chin break out, but On-the-spot doesn't).

Blah, my problem too. I'm a 23 year old female, and I've been on 2 types of BC pills, and none of them changed the process of my chin breaking out once a month whatsoever. Its REALLY sensitive with most products too, it doesn't take much to break my chin out.....but I find BP keeps it under control as long as I use the right kind (Spectro makes my chin break out, but On-the-spot doesn't).

Hi,

My skin has progressed to cystic/ nodular acne in the last few years so I am on RoAcc now which has cleared my chin completely. I swear my chin has never been so clear in many years. However I am not suggesting RoAcc as your first option. Depending on the type of spots I would do the following.

1. If you get mostly blackheads ot whiteheads, relatively small, but quite a few, try BP or Isotrexin. 2. If the spots are slightly larger with some red bumps/ nodules then perhaps look at a topical as above and antibiotics. I had alot of success with tetracycline which worked for me for some time, unfortunately for me my acne developed rather than completely disappearing in the end, but it might work for you. Otherwise there are alot of other anti-biotics you can try too

BP is not particularly effective against clogged pores ... it is primarily an antibacterial agent. Clogged pores are generally caused by hyperkeratinization and overactive sebaceous glands. Your best bets are retinoids, mandelic acid, salicylic acid, or some combination of those.

I just conquered the very same problem you are suffering from. I had have always had acne, but is was always extremely mild. Then like four moths ago my chin started breaking out first in bumps, then mild/moderate acne. I went to my dern and he suggested

-Tazorac Cream .1%, coupled with Doxycycline 100 mg / day.

-I wash my face with cetephil, morning and night,

and use cetephil cream only in the morning under make-up.

-I use Aveda foundation for cover-up with an SPF of 15, and Bare Essentials to control oil.

-only use makeup that is non-comodogenic, and oil-free.

I highly suggest this routine, I suffered from the initial break out from Tazorac. However, around the three month mark, my skin is perfect!