Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
letterrip

Is the oiliness worth it?

I've been on Differin and Clindagel since October, been through the horrible initial breakout, and now have semi-okay skin, though I still have a lot of blackheads. However, within the past few weeks I've had numerous comments that my "forehead is really shiny." I really think it's the clindagel that's doing it, but I really like the results its given me. I talked to my derm about it and she just prescribed me these clindagel pad things. They're not really any different.

Is it worth it to stop using the clindagel and risk breaking out badly again?

It could be the Differin. I've seen lots of Differin users post about increased oiliness.

If you like the results, try using the oil sheets. Pricey, but they do the trick.

You're oily now because the differin helped widen the openings and ducts of your sebaceous glands. Your sebum can now flow freely to the surface of the skin. Your sebum production didn't increase, but the percievible amount of sebum on the surface incresed because the sebum isn't trapped in your pores with all that nasty bacteria......this is a good thing.....really.....I promise......

It happens on all toipcal retinoids..........they seem to increase sebum production......but they don't.....they just clear the way for the sebum in the pore to be emptied to the surface of the skin.........

Blotting sheets really help......

You're oily now because the differin helped widen the openings and ducts of your sebaceous glands. Your sebum can now flow freely to the surface of the skin. Your sebum production didn't increase, but the percievible amount of sebum on the surface incresed because the sebum isn't trapped in your pores with all that nasty bacteria......this is a good thing.....really.....I promise......

It happens on all toipcal retinoids..........they seem to increase sebum production......but they don't.....they just clear the way for the sebum in the pore to be emptied to the surface of the skin.........

Blotting sheets really help......

i stop using retina because it made my face extremely oily. It looked like i just got done running 30 miles at the end of the day.