Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
routhman

Contact Dermatitis...

A While ago, I had contact dermatitis on my fingers. I went to the doctor and he prescribed a topical medication...Using this medication dried out my dermatitis so much that the top layer of my skin literally peeled off all at once where the dermatitis previously was, leaving me with new, smooth skin on my fingers.

Now I'm not exactly sure, but would this medication work for red marks from acne? By peeling off the top layer of skin...Could it also help acne? (seeing as it dried out my skin/dermatitis so greatly)

This isn't a claim, or a scientific cure..it's more of a question- there's no way I'm going to try it until I'm sure it is safe.

A While ago, I had contact dermatitis on my fingers. I went to the doctor and he prescribed a topical medication...Using this medication dried out my dermatitis so much that the top layer of my skin literally peeled off all at once where the dermatitis previously was, leaving me with new, smooth skin on my fingers.

Now I'm not exactly sure, but would this medication work for red marks from acne? By peeling off the top layer of skin...Could it also help acne? (seeing as it dried out my skin/dermatitis so greatly)

This isn't a claim, or a scientific cure..it's more of a question- there's no way I'm going to try it until I'm sure it is safe.

Strong peels like TCA can indeed help acne. The bacteria doesn't like an acidic environment.

But IMHO it's a bit drastic for pimples. Think 4-10 days of downtime with yucky lizardy skin.

Strong peels like TCA can indeed help acne. The bacteria doesn't like an acidic environment.

But IMHO it's a bit drastic for pimples. Think 4-10 days of downtime with yucky lizardy skin.

True...But the results would be worth it- i mean, hypothetically, you would have nearly flawless skin afterwards.

I have problems with contact dermatitis(related condition) on my cheeks, chin, and at the sides of my forehead a little bit(was red, itchy, rough, sand paperish..irritated). I was prescribed a cream for it and it NEVER peeled off, or dryed out my skin..It leaves mine soft, smooth..and doesn't peel my skin. Just gets rid of it. And its not bad, but its not going to drasticly help with acne..or so my doc told me.

I have problems with contact dermatitis(related condition) on my cheeks, chin, and at the sides of my forehead a little bit(was red, itchy, rough, sand paperish..irritated). I was prescribed a cream for it and it NEVER peeled off, or dryed out my skin..It leaves mine soft, smooth..and doesn't peel my skin. Just gets rid of it. And its not bad, but its not going to drasticly help with acne..or so my doc told me.

I broke my finger last summer, and after having it taped to my other finger for a while- they had both developed pretty severe contact dermatitis. There are, of course, different treatments/topicals for the condition...The one my doctor prescribed actually killed/hardened the top layer of skin to a tough leathery texture, causing it to eventually peel off. When the new skin underneath was revealed, it was new, beautiful, and mark-free.