Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kapaneon

Anti spot gel

Hey all, I'm kinda new to this forum and I got a couple of questions to ask you :) I live in Sweden so I can't get my hands on all these fabulous products that most of you can, since most companies don't send products from Usa to Sweden. I'm Currently using this combination:

Neutrogena visibly clear 2 in 1 mask as a daily cleansing cream

Neutrogena visibly clear rapid clear treatment for my akne

Neutrogena visibly clear Oil-free moisturiser

I have just started using these products, about 2 weeks ago but then I saw this gel that this guy Dan is using and it makes me wonder if my "rapid clear treatment" really is that good. I got pretty mild akne btw, just around the cheeks.

/ Kim :)

Oh, the Neutrogena rapid clear treatment sucks. I'm not sure which particular member of the rapid clear family you're talking about, but I used both the lotion in the rectangular tube and the spot gel in the tiny tube for a few months, and neither did anything to reduce my acne. They're salicyclic acid products, so they're not particularly effective against inflammatory acne, as I have learned. Benzoyl peroxide like in Dan's gel is way, way way better than salicyclic acid products. I would recommend getting your hands on some 2.5% benzoyl peroxide product--surely there are some available in Sweden? Neutrogena On-the-Spot is one such product, though it may be discontinued soon, I'm not sure if the rumors are true. Anyway, don't get your hopes up with the Rapid Clear stuff, it's just not very effective.

Ah ok thanks for the reply, but the things is that you can't get 2.5 % in Sweden it seems, been looking around all day, at the internet aswell.

if you can't find any 2.5% benzoyl peroxide, and ordering isn't an option for you, then see if you can find a 5% benzoyl peroxide product. It will be more drying, but will still work.

also consider asking your pharmacist/chemist to order you some 2.5% or 5% benzoyl peroxide if you don't see it on the shelves, they will usually do that for you if it is a product they don't have.