Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

so I just got asked to prom. sounds like a good thing? well it is... kinda...

Problem- I've been breakout out on my back and a little on my chest lately.. and I dont know what to do when I go to prom and get a bad breakout on my back /shoulders and stuff

I usually hate tanning, but for now.. it seems like the only quick fix for prom

any other tips?? :redface:

You should definitely go... don't let a few spots stop you! You may be able to find a dress that covers your back/shoulders. Even if it is a sheer fabric over those areas, I find you can't see really see your zits through it (I have bad back/shoulder/chest acne too) Also, you may consider one of those little wraps that go around your shoulders, that may cover you up enough.

I know from personal experience that it helps to find a dress that covers your back as much as possible, because even if you clear up a little bit, if you're anything like me you will still be thinking that people are staring at your acne all night when you should be thinking about having fun!

A good (and very intelligent) friend of mine says tanning is very bad for your skin. o.O

.. Makeup? :D

Pick out a dress that strategically covers your acne.

Body make-up is a plus!

Or, combine body make-up and a little glitter....gives you a nice sparkle -N- shimmer

effect that distracts from the acne. :razz:

Prom <_< I really don't wanna go to mine, are you in 11th grade mandy?

yep!

I wasn't really planning on going to prom either... in fact, me and some friends were just going to all go out and drive around and be hoodlums that night haha

but then today after school.. this German exchange student..with an accent may I add ;) hahah, was like "hey.. are you going to prom" and I told him that I wasn't and he asked me to go with him! so I was thinking sure why not

yep!

I wasn't really planning on going to prom either... in fact, me and some friends were just going to all go out and drive around and be hoodlums that night haha

but then today after school.. this German exchange student..with an accent may I add ;) hahah, was like "hey.. are you going to prom" and I told him that I wasn't and he asked me to go with him! so I was thinking sure why not

O_O Germans are awesome to hang out with. You'll have fun with him. Are your friends gonna go to prom now that you are?

yep!

O_O Germans are awesome to hang out with. You'll have fun with him. Are your friends gonna go to prom now that you are?

Nope, my friends want to really bad but they dont have a date or anything.. which sucks because i want them to come with lol

You told him you weren't going but he asked your anyway?

I think he asked in a way seeing if I had a prom date or not.. because after he asked if I was still willing to go to prom at all

Spray tan--don't go in a tanning booth b/c those are so bad for you! Or like everyone else says, find a dress that covers your back. There are some really classy dresses out there. Have fun! I wish I could go back to my prom :)

Spray tan--don't go in a tanning booth b/c those are so bad for you! Or like everyone else says, find a dress that covers your back. There are some really classy dresses out there. Have fun! I wish I could go back to my prom :)

I was actually just thinking about that! Excellent idea

Mandy you dont need all that crap beleive me. The last thing you want is to put more crap on yourself :s

yeah I know.. but I figured its better than showing a broken out back :(

If your really that sensitive about it then go ahead. But im telling you, better to just show it than try to cover it up, than realizing peeople realize osmethings fishy.

spray on tan = orange, splotchy, streaky, doesnt cover acne [just dyes it orange], fades quickly, expensive, and bad.

in my opinion.

ahh.. I guess that idea is out then..

If your really that sensitive about it then go ahead. But im telling you, better to just show it than try to cover it up, than realizing peeople realize osmethings fishy.

you make a really good point

I suppose i'll just keep trying to clear it as best as possible.

Im going to invest in soem more neosporin..

although seriously, nothing good comes from showing off your worst feature. everyone has something they dont like and it's best to work around it and show something else that's more flattering. try and find a non-frumpy dress lol that doesnt put your self conscious area on display. or try tanning for a quick fix, going a few times wont do THAT much damage.

everyone has body [and face] acne from time to time but when i hear you thinking of wearing a backless type dress when you have back acne, for your own sake and truely i'm not being mean i'm thinking you should try to either tan to get rid of it or wear something that covers it up.

when i hear your dilemma, all i can think of is this girl i went to high school with. she had the worst chest acne i've ever seen, it was like acne fulminans. but yeha, whatever that's fine. she cant help it. but the thing was, she also wore the lowest freakin shirts of anyone i knew. every day. she wore a tee shirt once. it was like what the hell, why does she do this? it made no sense. why not just wear something that doesnt put your worst thing out there on display? like, my best friend had quite a stomach in high school, thus she didnt wear midriff shirts. i had a nice stomach so i wore stuff like that, but i hated my legs so i never wore short skirts. i just felt uncomfortable when i did, like everyone was staring at how bony they were.

i hope i dont sound mean, im just thinking you'll feel more comfortable knowing your least fav feature is not exposed.

everyone has body [and face] acne from time to time but when i hear you thinking of wearing a backless type dress when you have back acne, for your own sake and truely i'm not being mean i'm thinking you should try to either tan to get rid of it or wear something that covers it up.

when i hear your dilemma, all i can think of is this girl i went to high school with. she had the worst chest acne i've ever seen, it was like acne fulminans. but yeha, whatever that's fine. she cant help it. but the thing was, she also wore the lowest freakin shirts of anyone i knew. every day. she wore a tee shirt once. it was like what the hell, why does she do this? it made no sense. why not just wear something that doesnt put your worst thing out there on display? like, my best friend had quite a stomach in high school, thus she didnt wear midriff shirts. i had a nice stomach so i wore stuff like that, but i hated my legs so i never wore short skirts. i just felt uncomfortable when i did, like everyone was staring at how bony they were.

i hope i dont sound mean, im just thinking you'll feel more comfortable knowing your least fav feature is not exposed.

Oh no that doesn't sound mean at all. I completely agree with you. My back isn't that bad, but it has a few under the skins and more bumps that bother me super bad. and my chest has a couple bumps and lots of redmarks. I've worn ONLY teeshirts all year because of it, because I just didn't feel like showing off that I have all these marks.

For prom, im for sure going to try to "tan it away".. even though I know its horrible for me. I know if I go a a few times, it usually clears me up. as long as im clear on prom night im fine.. after that.. i'll deal with it however

Unless you will undoubtedly NOT have fun, which I doubt, since someone is already into you - go. It's Prom! There won't be anymore of those... My skin was pretty bad as well, but I smiled for every picture and made sure I remembered that I still had fun.

make sure to post pics so we can see our little mandy at her big grown up prom lol

ps, my boyfriend's prom is this weekend and i'm really excited [i'm a year older, in my first year of uni and we dont have fun things like this anymore]!