Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
neveragain

Working out=body acne flare up?

I have been lazy and havent been working out lately(about 3 weeks). I have noticed that my body acne has really gone down to about nothing. I think it may have something to do with hormone levels being effected (with males at least). Im pissed off because I love working out and I know its good for you, but I think it aggrivates my body acne. Has anyone else expierenced this?

I think so too. Thats what I noticed after working out I would start to get break outs on my shoulders. So now I bring a towl to wipe the sweat after my work out, and put on a clean shirt and bra after wards..and shower as SOON as I walk in my house. Lets see if that helps, if it doesn't..well then its prolly my body wash I am using (Neatrogena 2% SA Exfolating Body Scrub)

i don't think it can cause any serious acne but i do think it can give a blemish or two if your body isn't use to

working out but if uve been doing it a while i think ur body gets accustom to it and stops any blemishes it may

have been forming

I find breaking out has a lot to do with taking a shower or changing out of your shirt immediately afterwards. I find if I sit around in my gym clothes for a while after I work out I will break out within a couple of days. I don't know if it is just all in my head because I think the dirty clothes are causing it or what, but when I think about all of the oil and dead skin cells rubbing against my skin .... yuck!

working out like lifting heavy weights increases acne. Exercise such as long runninig reduces acne. I don't think it's from the sweat though, I have read that anaerobic and aerobic exercise have different effects on hormone levels in the body. I have started going for 30 minute runs every morning and notice a decrease in acne.

from wt dan's says in da faq... sweat and where acne form never really touch so i don't think can cause acne

but when it comes to the type of weight lifting.. i guess it can have some effect but i think it can easily be

balanced by doing an equal amount of heavy weight lifting and running

I agree with energizer because im a long distance runner and exercise actually helps to decrease my acne, probably because of the decreased stress levels.

if lifting weight increase acne etc this is not good.. :(

I must keep lifting weightttttt ;/ i am going to stop for a while to see if this is right..

but imma walk/run to see if helps.

100% it was the cause of my problem, check my thread on it, everyone whose saying make sure you shower after, it doesn't matter, anaerobic heavy lifting that I was doing to get bigger releases hormones of some sort and would make my chest itchy and break out, now that I have stopped it sorta sucks giving up the gym I only do cardio now and play sports, but havent gotten a new pimple on my chest and have just been working on getting rid of the red marks, my skin is smooth and feels like it wont break out now even if i miss a shower or something, it was internal hormones that were messin me up. Test it out, dont work out for a week straight your skin should feel good, then go do squats, which is the most heavy exercise you can do and see the new spots that pop up. it should convince you that the gym is the root of all your problems