Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Reservechic

Had to stop using Dan's Gel, Now Using Differin Again!

Dan's BP gel started giving me inconsistent results after having used it for over 2 months to help control my mild-moderate acne. The warmer that it has gotten where I live(which is in Louisiana) the less the product began to work as effectively as it once did. So now I am back to using Differin Gel. I have also used Retin-A(cream and gel) and antibiotics, but nothing has ever worked as well as keeping me consistently clear and controled oiliness better than Differin does for me. The only reason why I had stopped using it before was because I had lost my health insurance. But now that I have health insurance again, I decided to to get a precription from my doctor so that I can start back to getting those great results once again. If Differin doesn't work as well as it for me this second time around, then I will definitely consider trying Tazorac as my last choice!

good luck to you! I hope you get good results with the Differin.

You could probably use the Differin at night, and bp gel in the daytime if you wanted to. Derms often prescribe a regimen of a retinoid in the p.m. and some sort of bp or topical antibiotic/bp combo for daytime use.

But be sure and check with him/her if you want to try that.