Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
routhman

I just want to give up...

My acne's never been this fucking bad!! It just keeps getting fucking worse! I usually look in the mirror w/a dim light because then my acne doesn't look so bad, but fuck! It still looks awful..and then I looked in natural light..even my "good" skin looked like shit- omfg...why the hell is clear skin so hard to ask for? (even moderate skin) I can deal with fucking moderate acne, but all these scares and marks and nodules and cysts- i cant deal with it!! I'm so sick of fighting this...I just want to give up.. :(:cry:

I came to this forum because it was my last hope..and my fucking acne is still worse than 90% of everyone here!

I'm sorry about the rant...I just- i dont know what to do.

And the worst part is, I use Tea Tree Oil- which had me completely clear in January...:(

hang in there, there are lots of different medicines and different people react differently to each one...so it might take awhile before you find something that really works for you. right now as you know there is no cure only treatments that help prevent it. trust me, i've been waiting for the day to come that someone comes up with a cure for this crap. it will be the greatest day of my life.

hang in there, there are lots of different medicines and different people react differently to each one...so it might take awhile before you find something that really works for you. right now as you know there is no cure only treatments that help prevent it. trust me, i've been waiting for the day to come that someone comes up with a cure for this crap. it will be the greatest day of my life.

Same here.

The thing is, Tea Tree Oil had me completely clear- those were the happiest days of my life. Now it isn't working... :eh:

have u tried accutane?

My mum won't allow me to due to all the possible side effects...she doesnt think its worth it. :doubt:

Keep working on your mum. She is naturally going to be cautious where you are concerned. My mum was also against me going on accutane (and i'm 34 :lol: !) but once she realised that (a) the acne was killing my confidence and (b) the drug isn't half as bad as all the scare stories out there make out she came around. It also helped that I didn't really need her permission!

Keep working on your mum. She is naturally going to be cautious where you are concerned. My mum was also against me going on accutane (and i'm 34 :lol: !) but once she realised that (a) the acne was killing my confidence and (b) the drug isn't half as bad as all the scare stories out there make out she came around. It also helped that I didn't really need her permission!

My mom's a nurse...Somehow I don't see myself winning. :lol:

((((((((((((BIG HUGS))))))))) Routhman. I'm 34 and have been dealing with this crap for 23 almost 24 years now. It has got to be one of God's cruellest jokes in my opinion.. But for me too, it helps to realize that there are problems that people deal with in this world that are FAR worse than acne (sometimes what, I don't know...). And I'm sure these people would love to be dealing with acne rather than what they are. Lame I know, but sometimes I need to tell myself that just so I don't fall into a severe depression.

I can so understand your pain and utter frustration. Why does it have to be so hard for us...... and I can't even finish that with .."to have clear skin"?! What the hell is clear skin? I can't even remember.

But in my opinion, I'd try the accutane. I know you're mom is concerned, but does she have to live with the acne? Does she really know how painful it is? When I was in highschool, I HATED looking in the mirror. I avoided them at all cost. And if I was putting on makeup, like you I had the lights down low.

Even now I'm considering accutane again. I'm going to wait till after my derm appointment in May. For people like us, sometimes it's worth risking the side effects for the hope and possibility of clearer skin.

Good luck, Routhman. I hope it all works out for you.

K

hmm. i know what you mean. i have neirly died a few times from suicide. i'm on 4 antidepressants, along with 2 meds for acne. and well, i'm all drugged up. you really need to get some treatment. try some antibiotics and a topical retinoid, and if it doesn't work, maybe try roaccutane. your mum is right though. it is riddled with side effects. but tell her you'd rather have dry skin, lips, eyes and migrains than bad acne. and if all else fails, just crank up the antibiotics and retinoids. good luck, tell us how you're going.