Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Fireflygurl

Preperation H (yes, hemmoroid cream)

I know this isn't an acne medication! however lately I've developed some fine lines under my eyes and it is really really bothering me.. I am a 22 year old female and this is the only place I have lines... I have had a relatively emotionally difficult life and I'm just looking for something to hopefully improve these lines a little.. I just feel I am too young to be feeling the way I am when I look in the mirror and see wrinkely lines.

Has anybody used Preperation H on their face? wrinkes or fine lines? I've heard that this is a good treatment that many women have had a lot of success with. If you have tried this before and it has worked for you, is it a temporary fix until you wash your face, or does it actually help to improve the skin's elasticity in the area.

Thanks for any replies..

Protein peptides are the latest technology in controlling lines and wrinkles. Specifically, acetyl hexapeptide-3 (Argireline) helps reduce wrinkles by disrupting the nerve signals sent to tense muscle beneath the skins dermis. With this ingredient, you can still show facial expressions, but when you relax your face, the skin will bounce back like a child's and any lines will not be visible. It takes a while for the cumulative effects to be at their optimal levels.

The latest "Freeze" products can provide an almost immediate improvement in line and wrinkle control.

Just Google for specific brands of each of the above products. I won't make any recommendations as certain formulations may not be compatible with acne-prone skin.

I haven't heard of Preparation H being used to control lines and wrinkles. I did hear of using it to shrink the bags under one's eyes.

I'm not sure about fine lines or wrinkles, but I know preperation H can definitely get rid of some puffy eyes.

For me, it also works really well when I feel like I'm about to get a huge cyst or something. The area won't be visible, but it'll feel tender, like something is about to pop up there. I put a glob on prep H on it, and usually (when I catch it early enough) it never grows into a cyst/big pimple.

Thanks for the replies! I have been using it for a few days now and am really liking it... minus the nasty odour though. It seems to fill in my fine lines and definetly helps to reduce any puffiness (which I don't really have much of unless I'm super super tired) From what I've heard through word of mouth is that it can actually help to improve the texture of your skin in the areas that you continuously apply it

From what I have read, the Prep-H sold in Canada still contains the ingredients that help with wrinkles but apparently the ones sold in the US have had the ingredient removed. Sorry I cannot remember what the ingredient name is but if you google it you should be able to find out. Actually I would like to try it but live in the US.

Protein peptides are the latest technology in controlling lines and wrinkles. Specifically, acetyl hexapeptide-3 (Argireline) helps reduce wrinkles by disrupting the nerve signals sent to tense muscle beneath the skins dermis. With this ingredient, you can still show facial expressions, but when you relax your face, the skin will bounce back like a child's and any lines will not be visible. It takes a while for the cumulative effects to be at their optimal levels.

The latest "Freeze" products can provide an almost immediate improvement in line and wrinkle control.

Just Google for specific brands of each of the above products. I won't make any recommendations as certain formulations may not be compatible with acne-prone skin.

I haven't heard of Preparation H being used to control lines and wrinkles. I did hear of using it to shrink the bags under one's eyes.

i googled the acetyl hexapeptide and saw a product that many people have had success with, but then i checked with paula begoun on cosmeticscop.com and looked up acetyl hexapeptide in her dictionary. i think i'll play it safe and stay away from that stuff.