Notifications
Clear all

Urine therapy...

MemberMember
(@alex88)

Posted : 04/26/2006 10:22 am

Hi. Well this is my story, and I will start posting my experiences with urine therapy (only topical, so far...).

NB: If I screw something up on here, give me a break: It's my first post.

History

Well I have had acne pretty damm bad since year 8. I'm now in uni. I tried everything. Week fasting, just drinking water. Many fruits/vegetables. Any and evety vitamin. Antibiotics (topical and oral). 4 retinoids. And eventually roaccutane. 90 mg/day (And I'm only 64kg). It worked, but my face was still really red. I don't know why. But it comes on and off regardless of medications. I came across the CSR about a year ago, and it didn't work all that well on me. So lately I have been doing alright, but it is comming back. I was back on minocycline, BP at night, retin-a in the morning. And pleanty of sun-block in between. And to be honest, the acne was better, but the redness was worse. My skin doesn't develop tolerance to the BP either.

A few days ago I was looking through these forums again, and I came across the urine therapy topic: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=86622 . I had heard of it before, for things like cancer. But not anything else. But then I read into it. Urine is sterile, and it isn't the bodies waste. I gave it some thought. At this moment, there's no way I could drink the stuff. No matter how pure, sterile, or good it is for me. But I could use it topically.

My experiences with urine therapy (UT)

So I actually tried it yesterday. I pissed into a plastic container that I have, and put it all over my face. At first it stung a little. Like a tingling feeling. Then it felt good for the next few hours. Within 30 minutes, the redness was considerably minimized. Not drastic as of yet. But each day I'll do it as much as possible.

For the days I'm home all day, I'll use it 3 times a day.

And for the rest, just in the afternoon (I'm not willing to smell like urine, to cure the acne).

The only other product I will be using is an oil-free moisturiser.

So I have only just started it, and I'll keep posting to see how it goes.

I'll be amazed if this works. My parents have spent thousands over the years for various products. It'd be great if this could work since it's free.

P.S. I'm sorry, but I'm not willing to post pictures here. I'm just too afraid someone I know will see me.

I'm sure none of you want to be labeled: 'that guy who slaps piss on his face to relieve a superficial medical problem'.... No matter how emotionally traumatizing it is.

MemberMember
(@little-miss)

Posted : 04/26/2006 10:29 am

I felt a bit sick when reading this, but hey, if it works, good for you! I don't know if I could put wee on my face though!

MemberMember
(@ravina)

Posted : 04/26/2006 4:17 pm

Wow, I've been desperate to cure my acne at times but never that desperate. If you've got the guts to try this, good luck with it.

MemberMember
(@ben100604)

Posted : 04/26/2006 4:22 pm

Its not gonna work. Its just absolute nonsense, true acne paranoia

MemberMember
(@monkeypaw)

Posted : 04/27/2006 12:12 am

Hi. Well this is my story, and I will start posting my experiences with urine therapy (only topical, so far...).

NB: If I screw something up on here, give me a break: It's my first post.

History

Well I have had acne pretty damm bad since year 8. I'm now in uni. I tried everything. Week fasting, just drinking water. Many fruits/vegetables. Any and evety vitamin. Antibiotics (topical and oral). 4 retinoids. And eventually roaccutane. 90 mg/day (And I'm only 64kg). It worked, but my face was still really red. I don't know why. But it comes on and off regardless of medications. I came across the CSR about a year ago, and it didn't work all that well on me. So lately I have been doing alright, but it is comming back. I was back on minocycline, BP at night, retin-a in the morning. And pleanty of sun-block in between. And to be honest, the acne was better, but the redness was worse. My skin doesn't develop tolerance to the BP either.

A few days ago I was looking through these forums again, and I came across the urine therapy topic: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=86622 . I had heard of it before, for things like cancer. But not anything else. But then I read into it. Urine is sterile, and it isn't the bodies waste. I gave it some thought. At this moment, there's no way I could drink the stuff. No matter how pure, sterile, or good it is for me. But I could use it topically.

My experiences with urine therapy (UT)

So I actually tried it yesterday. I pissed into a plastic container that I have, and put it all over my face. At first it stung a little. Like a tingling feeling. Then it felt good for the next few hours. Within 30 minutes, the redness was considerably minimized. Not drastic as of yet. But each day I'll do it as much as possible.

For the days I'm home all day, I'll use it 3 times a day.

And for the rest, just in the afternoon (I'm not willing to smell like urine, to cure the acne).

The only other product I will be using is an oil-free moisturiser.

So I have only just started it, and I'll keep posting to see how it goes.

I'll be amazed if this works. My parents have spent thousands over the years for various products. It'd be great if this could work since it's free.

P.S. I'm sorry, but I'm not willing to post pictures here. I'm just too afraid someone I know will see me.

I'm sure none of you want to be labeled: 'that guy who slaps piss on his face to relieve a superficial medical problem'.... No matter how emotionally traumatizing it is.

That is the funniest thing i have ever read in my life. For twenty years of my life i have been pissing Accutane down the toilet. Damn it. I am now going to sell my urine on the side of streets by highschools like lemonade. Because for some reason people will want to buy my urine instead of using theirs. Hey next time you go #2, just try it.

MemberMember
(@r-s)

Posted : 04/27/2006 12:18 am

If it works, that'd be cool. But even I couldn't drive myself to do something like that, and I'm very openminded about alternative health practices. I cut the line at urine therapy and enemas / colonics.. ew.

MemberMember
(@kanmi)

Posted : 04/27/2006 12:20 am

Hey, if it works I would do it. I would do ANYTHING for clear skin.

Good luck to you Alex, but if it doesn't work, you can always go on a second course of accutane too, just keep that in mind.

Nicole* liked
MemberMember
(@bedrock)

Posted : 04/27/2006 12:21 am

This is just absolute nonsense. I guess if someone on here said that rubbing dog poop on your face would cure acne, people will try. Well, who's got a dog?

MemberMember
(@jessfirestone)

Posted : 04/27/2006 3:08 am

People who use urine therapy are not stupid or desperate or disgusting. From what I've seen they tend to have above average intelligence for researching what works and not letting societal tabboo deter them from the surprising truth.

Not to mention they're also open-minded, which is such an awesome trait to see.

Ghandi drank a glass of his own piss every day. more than three million chinese drink their own urine every day because the health benefits are so enormous and because urine has been known to cure nearly every disease. People criticising this therapy don't know much about it. If they did, they would refrain from making such snap judgements about this science.

I felt the same way too-believe me. but you're going to find that the more you research on the subject of "urotherapy" the less you begin to doubt and the more incredulous you become.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=86622

Anyway, keep up the great work Alex and let us know how you're doing :)

Nicole* liked
MemberMember
(@andrewski)

Posted : 04/27/2006 5:54 pm

good luck....you might see some good results, this has already worked for one person on this board so far.

MemberMember
(@donsball)

Posted : 04/27/2006 10:36 pm

I bid you good luck old chum.

Do let us know if any results happen =]

MemberMember
(@screw_acne)

Posted : 04/27/2006 10:49 pm

yellow piss or white piss

MemberMember
(@suzannehopes)

Posted : 04/27/2006 11:02 pm

IMO Jess's siggy picture is much more frightening than applying urine to your face... Good luck to you Alex, you have guts and determination.. :D ..Looking forward to your updates...and if you don't update, I will be royally pissed off..(pun intended.. ..) BTW..are you by any chance "AlexAllMighty" from a while back?

MemberMember
(@jessfirestone)

Posted : 04/27/2006 11:27 pm

the noble commander in chief should give you a reason to smile every day.

MemberMember
(@alex88)

Posted : 04/28/2006 9:31 am

MemberMember
(@jessfirestone)

Posted : 04/28/2006 4:48 pm

Hey Alex,

I wanted to check with u-are you rinsing the urine off your face when you're done? You don't want to leave it on your skin-just massage it in and then rinse, using it like a cleanser. you shouldn't have to worry about the smell @ all because you're rinsing it immediately off. I'm not sure what the effects of leaving it on are, but as far as I know, you don't leave it on and use it more like a cleanser, with cottonball or something..

MemberMember
(@donsball)

Posted : 04/28/2006 9:17 pm

So I drink about 2 litres a day, and it's tinged yellow. Has anyone ever used berocca? I wonder what that stuff would do to your urine... Since it makes it VERY yellow. Hmmm. I might give it a try.

Alex, Alex, ALEX! I drink berocca, me me ME!

Yes, it does turn urine really yellow. I was told that its jut the excess B vitamins being flushed out. I found it really weird at first, thought I was sick. But it's normal!

I am tempted to give UT a try. Do you get a towel and soak it then apply to face? Or do you use the 'pour-all-over-my-face-out-of-nowhere' method?

My family do live with me in my world's smallest mansion that is identical to a typical house. I'm scared of walking around smelling. They would sniff me out, then I'd have to go and hide in my time machine.

MemberMember
(@mask)

Posted : 04/28/2006 9:49 pm

I would try if no one would know, piss on my back sounds disgusting.

MemberMember
(@exdox77)

Posted : 04/30/2006 12:34 am

sounds kind of interesting, instead of using a cotton ball or something maybe try useing a little spray bottle to spray it on you face or something.

Alex you are very dedicated and devoted to having clear skin and willing to try something once. I have faith that this method would work, give it time and keep up the good work.

MemberMember
(@someone111)

Posted : 04/30/2006 3:10 am

whoa, first time i heard of urine therapy, anyways i hope it works for you, and if i ever get a severe case of it, ill keep it in mind for that, I have heard that people drank their own urine before, but im interested to know, how long do you keep it on your face?

MemberMember
(@jacks0n)

Posted : 04/30/2006 9:51 am

Hey... Umm ok my friend signed me up as Alex. She has some obsurd fetish for Alex Baldwin (only god knows why...). And everyone assumed my name was Alex. It's actually Jackson. So I've made a new account.

So this is day 4 with the UT. To answer the questions that I can remember.....

I leave the stuff on all night, and wash it off in the morning.

To apply it, I just piss into a plastic container, and plash the stuff onto my face with my hand. It's sterile, so it's fine.

The smell? It's fine once it dries. And it dries within a minute.

And it's yellow-ish piss. So white with a yellow tinge. I think I have meantioned this, but if it's too yellow, it smells really bad.

Anyway, I tried nuking my face with a whole lot of BP. Throughout the night, I used 1/3 of the tube. And in the morning, 75% of the acne was gone. Then I splashed the urine on, and about 35% of the redness was gone. Not neirly all of it though. Dissapointing, since I needed to go out that very day... But oh well. Back to the drawing board. I'll continue with just urine, while on minocycline (Only 100mg). It's effects so far, are smoothening of the skin, it helps blotchyness, redness, the acne itself, and overall it just looks and feels better. Then again, I can't say much because this is only the 4th day.

MemberMember
(@philidias)

Posted : 04/30/2006 8:00 pm

Any updates Jackson?

MemberMember
(@someone111)

Posted : 05/01/2006 3:22 am

the thing is if you start using too many things, oral medications, prescription gels, creams, washes, you never know which one actually made it work or if one of them just didnt do anything

MemberMember
(@rosieposie)

Posted : 05/01/2006 9:55 am

My aunt who is now deceased told me that ladies in Sweden use to take their babies urine soaked cloth diapers and press it against their skin on their faces. Also I was in a drug store once and the lady in front of me was talking about her twin nieces who both had acne. One tried putting urine on her face and the other didn't. The one who tried the urine cleared up but the other didn't. I thing I am going to try it too.

MemberMember
(@philidias)

Posted : 05/01/2006 2:35 pm

How long did and when did the twin put urin on her face?

I'm absolutely convinced the urine on the face will help with acne. A lot of the major products use urea which is derived from urine. For ex., St. apricot, Proactive bp, use it.

I'ml trying to firgure out when the best time to do it. They say that mouring urine is the best. Maybe I can put it on, then eat breakfast, then wash it off when I shower.