Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SuperFly

Is anyone here actually MORE attracted to people with acne?

I know that after going through what I've gone through, when I see an attractive girl with acne (I don't mean to be shallow, but there has to be at least some physical attraction in any relationship, it's just a fact) I don't shy away and go "damn, too bad she has acne," I actually like her more. Seeing someone with acne out in the world gains them instant-respect from me, and lots of times I feel closer to them, even if I don't know them.

Am I just a freak or does anyone else feel the same way?

lol - no, you're not a freak. It's naturual to like someone who shares some of the same qualities as yourself.

Honestly, I find it refreshing.

My boyfriend in college liked girls with mild acne. When he first developed a crush on me there was another girl he liked who also had mild acne. His mother and sister had acne so I think he associated it with female-ness. But he did have issues with extreme acne. He once insulted an acquaintance of ours by saying she had 'bad skin'. I said, "yeah, but I have bad skin too," but apparently he didn't think so.

I think people with acne find other people with acne attractive because we feel less self-concious around them. When you're with someone with perfect skin, you're constantly wondering what they think about when they look at your acne.