Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have been taking Vitamin E for a few months now in different doses. From 10mg to 40mg. But I haven't really seen any improvement. Does it make your acne worse because some people say it does but sometimes I read that it makes your acne better.... They also say its not to be overdosed with cos its not a water soluable vitamin. I am so confussed! :confused: should I stop taking it? Does anyone else take Vitamin E too? xxx

I've been taking Vitamin E for a little over a week and my face has been improving, but I'm not sure if it is from the vitamins. You're right about it not being a water soluable vitamin and there is the risk of overdose. You'll be fine if you just take it once a day.

I have read that a vitamin e deficiency can cause acne. The RDA (set by the FDA) is 30 IU, so you probably are getting an adequate amount. Most people who try vitamin e for acne take about 400 IU (though some take 800 IU). Some studies have shown that high doses of vitamin e may cause health problems (though primarily for people with heart problems). I took about 400 IU of vitamin e for about a year, and I never noticed a decrease in my acne, (and I eventually thought that maybe it was worsening my skin though I don't know for sure). I just take about 45 IU that's included in a multivitamin. Again, I have read that some people say that it has helped their skin (and they were taking about 400 IU), but it did not help mine. Also, you can purchase water soluble forms of vitamin e, though I've only seen dl-alpha form rather than d-aplha, so I don't know how less effective it may be. Anyways, it's subjective.