Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fmxkid

pore cleansing scrub advice

i dont have acne but i have trouble with little bumps on my face which I'm sure are clogged pores so I was wondering if anybody has had any good results from any pore cleansing washes or just washes and which ones.The old basis bar of soap aint cuttin it anymore, need somethin that cleans deeper lol so if you have any advice I'd appriciate it.Thanks

besides microdermabrasion and green cream.I'm scarred of them lol

I use the Clearasil Daily face scrub with SA. I'm not too sure if it works but so far my face is clear (might be BP making me clear as well).

I'd say try one without SA otherwise irritation will occur as in my case.

Also don't take the word scrub literally as I did. I thought it mean that we're meant to scrub it deep into the skin. It hurt, my face was red for a few weeks with fading red lines from the little rocky things.

I use the Clearasil Daily face scrub with SA. I'm not too sure if it works but so far my face is clear (might be BP making me clear as well).

I'd say try one without SA otherwise irritation will occur as in my case.

Also don't take the word scrub literally as I did. I thought it mean that we're meant to scrub it deep into the skin. It hurt, my face was red for a few weeks with fading red lines from the little rocky things.

haha yea i use to use a SA scrub with little balls but i read everywhere thats bad for you so i stopped.i just dont know, everywhere you go its missleading lol thanks though ima try some things out n see how it goes,hopefully some more people will reply with advice on seem other brands so i can have a variety to choose from.

I had those. I tried just about every drugstore scrub out there and only made my face worse ... little RED bumps all over your face are much worse than little flesh-colored ones ...

You have to use a product that exfoliates your pores. It will not be a cleanser.

-- Continue to use a very mild cleanser. Stick with the Basis bar, or go with the Purpose or Cetaphil bar.

-- Treat the problem with something that actually affects it: salicylic acid, mandelic acid, or a topical retinoid.

-- Be patient.

I don't see why you are afraid of Green Cream ... Level 3 is one of the milder topical retinoids out there, and even Level 6 is pretty mellow.

Or what about Diacneal? It is even less irritating.

If you want to use SA, I suggest checking out the products on this site: Paula Begoun

If you want to try mandelic, there's a link in my signature.

I had those. I tried just about every drugstore scrub out there and only made my face worse ... little RED bumps all over your face are much worse than little flesh-colored ones ...

You have to use a product that exfoliates your pores. It will not be a cleanser.

-- Continue to use a very mild cleanser. Stick with the Basis bar, or go with the Purpose or Cetaphil bar.

-- Treat the problem with something that actually affects it: salicylic acid, mandelic acid, or a topical retinoid.

-- Be patient.

I don't see why you are afraid of Green Cream ... Level 3 is one of the milder topical retinoids out there, and even Level 6 is pretty mellow.

Or what about Diacneal? It is even less irritating.

If you want to use SA, I suggest checking out the products on this site: Paula Begoun

If you want to try mandelic, there's a link in my signature.

ah i see, yea i just jump to conclusions alot whe it coems to my face lol lemme check out those SA products and think about teh green cream stuff.ijust dont want anyhting that will dry out my face you know, cuz all the moisturizers i've tried give me pimples badly and i've never had them before.i still havn't found one i can stick with.gergans lotion wasn';t breaking me out with pimples but i could tell it was clogging my pores so ima dry baby lotion.i use to always use it and never had and clogged pores or any sort of acne.so ima try usin that and see what happens.but yea i'll definitly check out those products any give some serious thought on green cream.thanks