Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

When I was using Duac i asked the pharmacist and they said it didn't need to be refrigerated. It could be effective for 60 days without refrigeration. So you'll be fine!

Duac is Clindamycin + Benzoyl Peroxide

Benzamycin is Erythromycin + Benzoyl Peroxide

Benzamycin needs keeping in the fridge according to the label. Duac doesn't as it will last for 60 days out of the fridge. You can keep it in the fridge if you want and it will last longer that way, I believe that in the fridge it will last for around 3-4 months

so my duac says to be refridgerated but last night i forgot and left it in the bathroom.

does this affect the quality and effect of the duac?

My Duac instructions say that only the pharmacist must keep it refrigerated. For patient it says store at temps up to 25 degrees C and discard after 2 months.

Mine comes in such a small tube (25g) that it's finished by 60 days so I just keep it in my bathroom cupboard. I hate trips to the fridge anyway. My room temperature Duac combined with Retin A has done wonders for my skin and my acne is all gone.