Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi errybody, I used to have moderate acne, but after Accutane (1 yr. ago) my skin is pretty clear, just very oily. This is the regimen i have been using lately:

Morning

Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser (normal to oily skin)

Neutrogena on the spot

cetaphil oil-free spf 15 facial moisturizer

Night

Cetaphil Cleanser

.1 Retin A

Cetaphil moisturizer

My skin is good, just very oily, and lately it has been peeling in the AM (I cant tell if its the BP balling up though i wait 15 minutes or the skin peeling when i apply the lotion). Any advice to decrease the oiliness? Thanks for all your help in advance!!

Your regimen is very similar to mine. The oiliness is caused by the Retin-A, so I don't think there's anything you can do about it. I plan on switching to an OTC retinoid for maintenance (Diacneal is my current choice, although Green Cream is a popular one) after Retin-A gets my pores clear ...they tend to decrease oiliness, rather than increase it, but otherwise work very similar to tretinoin.

Edit: Retin-A also causes peeling, which is why you'll notice your skin "balling up" in the morning. Just exfoliate gently either before or during cleansing.