Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jinx_101

oily, blocked pores.

I have particularly bad blocked pores around my T -zone, especially my nose, but no real active acne.

Am currently on Dianette, which has reduced the oil somewhat, but the main problem is the actual size of the pores, and the general redness that comes with it. :confused:

Am currently exfoliating with a soft bristled brush every day, and have done for about 9 days, but haven't seen any real affect as of yet. Am also using salicylic acid.

They're driving me mad!! Having tried all the other topical and antibiotics, (for when i had active acne), do u think Accutane is the way to go? :think:

I have particularly bad blocked pores around my T -zone, especially my nose, but no real active acne.

Am currently on Dianette, which has reduced the oil somewhat, but the main problem is the actual size of the pores, and the general redness that comes with it. :confused:

Am currently exfoliating with a soft bristled brush every day, and have done for about 9 days, but haven't seen any real affect as of yet. Am also using salicylic acid.

They're driving me mad!! Having tried all the other topical and antibiotics, (for when i had active acne), do u think Accutane is the way to go? :think:

Nope. I think you are on the right track with the salicylic acid ... what product are you using???

If that doesn't work, mandelic acid and/or topical retinoids would probably do the trick for you.

Am using "clean and clear deep cleansing lotion". Though it isnt the consistency of a lotion at all, completely liquid-ey.

Have looked for products using Mandelic acid in the UK, but have had no luck...any advice?

Am using "clean and clear deep cleansing lotion". Though it isnt the consistency of a lotion at all, completely liquid-ey.

Have looked for products using Mandelic acid in the UK, but have had no luck...any advice?

I'm in the States so I can't help you there ... all the sites I order from are in the US. Many of them do ship internationally, if you are interested.

What's the % of salicylic in the Clean & Clear?

im not sure of the % salicylic acid, it doesn't state.

Am thinking that a small dosage of Accutane would perhaps be an option to get rid of the oil and enlarged pores once and for all?

Am on the NHS here, so the cost is not an issue.

im not sure of the % salicylic acid, it doesn't state.

Am thinking that a small dosage of Accutane would perhaps be an option to get rid of the oil and enlarged pores once and for all?

Am on the NHS here, so the cost is not an issue.

Accutane just seems a little drastic for oily skin and enlarged pores. But see what your doctor says.

I been using Queen Helens Mint Julep mask for about 3 days in a wrow now where i put it on before i wash my face at night and do the regimen and so far it hasnt made me break out at all and my pores have shrunk and slowly blackheads and blocked pores are dissipating... although its prolly a good idea to only do it like 2-3 times a week i like to use it every night