Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

"The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart."

1 Samuel 16:7

That keeps me going. I hope it helps someone else too.

Peace.

HomelessMentality

amen...

That's a great verse of scripture :dance: I love that one :wub:

I think it's so neat how the Lord chose David, who found favor with God since he has complete faith.

7But the LORD told him, "Samuel, don't think Eliab is the one just because he's tall and handsome. He isn't the one I've chosen. People judge others by what they look like, but I judge people by what is in their hearts."

Who bestows people with their appearance then if not god?

(I'm not religious, just asking a question in context)

"The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart."

1 Samuel 16:7

That keeps me going. I hope it helps someone else too.

Peace.

HomelessMentality

If you're (Christian) religious, this is a good thing. If you're a nihilistic atheist, it's not so good, because all you're left with is "Man looks at outward appearance." Poo.

In any case -- positive thinking is good.

Guest hopelessGuy

Here's a verse my old grandpappy used to say to me....."Boy, if them girls got hair downstairs, then they're ready to take off their underwears."

Oh Old grandpappy had his ways with words :D

Wow, hopeless. I hope he stays away from girls, then. (Since girls are now hitting puberty - and pubic hair growth) as young as 9 these days!

That being said, I like the original post. Very neat.

Who bestows people with their appearance then if not god?

(I'm not religious, just asking a question in context)

God creates and forms people, so yes, he gives you an appearance. If you decide to pick up bad habits that cause your body to change, He does not cause that... you give yourself that appearance.

hopelessGuy... that comment really wasn't funny or appropriate.

Peace.

HomelessMentality

Here's a verse my old grandpappy used to say to me....."Boy, if them girls got hair downstairs, then they're ready to take off their underwears."

:D add some more

encouragement doesn't last very long, especially when ya go back to the real world and everyone is like grrr

and ROAR and MEOW... then it doesn't help :sick:

I'm a Christian, but surely God doesn't expect us to act inhuman and never think about appearances?

I thought God wants us to be happy, sometimes we can't help but feel a certain way... and if we don't, we are in denial.

Encouragement is fine but it doesn't help when you do everything right and take good care of yourself and you still get acne or cancer or some other disease, so sometimes words are just as useless as acne meds!

I'm a Christian, but surely God doesn't expect us to act inhuman and never think about appearances?

I thought God wants us to be happy, sometimes we can't help but feel a certain way... and if we don't, we are in denial.

huh? that was never said. I think she just wanted to remind us all that the things that people see....(acne, skin issues, outer appearance) etc. are not what validates us in the eyes of God ( because He looks at our hearts) That doesnt mean that we'll never feel bad about our skin or bodies...just that we should know that the creator of the universe sees what people may not.

Guest hopelessGuy

"notsobad"...I know what you're trying to get me to do...you want me to say more retarded stuff so I can get suspended and banned huh?

I'm not gona say anything stupid...If you want more of my grandpappy's verses...start a thread...and I'm come in there and say more idiotic things :D

Christians, religious people and I have never gotten along. I went to Sunday school when I was like 13 years old...and this is a true story...the teacher told me I was going to Hell in front of the class. How you like them apples? :angel:

"notsobad"...I know what you're trying to get me to do...you want me to say more retarded stuff so I can get suspended and banned huh?

I'm not gona say anything stupid...If you want more of my grandpappy's verses...start a thread...and I'm come in there and say more idiotic things :D

Christians, religious people and I have never gotten along. I went to Sunday school when I was like 13 years old...and this is a true story...the teacher told me I was going to Hell in front of the class. How you like them apples? :angel:

whatever ;)

huh? that was never said. I think she just wanted to remind us all that the things that people see....(acne, skin issues, outer appearance) etc. are not what validates us in the eyes of God ( because He looks at our hearts) That doesnt mean that we'll never feel bad about our skin or bodies...just that we should know that the creator of the universe sees what people may not.

That is what I meant. Of course I still feel bad about my skin... it frustrates me! But no matter how horrible it gets I know that it is not the end of the world, that there are more important things. My life does not depend upon the condition of my skin. God does not judge me by that.

Thanks lost girl ... I was wondering if anyone would ever comment on my screen name... haha.

Yes, Mike CL 69, that is my picture.

I understand that not everyone will find encouragement from that verse, because not everyone believes in God. I hope you would atleast understand that there is something more to you than your acne and that there is someone who loves you no matter how bad it gets.

Peace.

HomelessMentality