Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
berg

My 1st time trying dans regimen

As i posted in my other thread in mild to moderate acne i have had bad acne for about 3 years now. I just found this forum 3 days ago, so today i went out and bought a moistuizer, cleansing bar, a bp 10% tube and a new razor...the 1 dan reccomended.

I just wanted to know if the stuff that i bought is good and will work before i open the bottles.

I got:

PURPOSE Gentle Cleansing Bar

Clean & Clear Maximum Strength PERSA-GEL 10

Clean & Clear OIL-FREE Dual Action Moisturizer.....

Plz post ASAP b/c i would like to start the regimen tonight....Thanks in Advanced!!!

As i posted in my other thread in mild to moderate acne i have had bad acne for about 3 years now. I just found this forum 3 days ago, so today i went out and bought a moistuizer, cleansing bar, a bp 10% tube and a new razor...the 1 dan reccomended.

I just wanted to know if the stuff that i bought is good and will work before i open the bottles.

I got:

Plz post ASAP b/c i would like to start the regimen tonight....Thanks in Advanced!!!

any1 know if they will work?

I got:

If you read up on Dan's regimen, why did you go out and buy two products that he does not recommend? 10% BP is way too much and should only be used for spot-treating acne. If you spread it all over your face I guarantee you will burn and peel within days (the burning and peeling doesn't happen immediately, but usually sometime in the first week). Return to Clean & Clear Persa-Gel to the drugstore and get Neutrogena On-the-Spot. Remember, higher percentages of BP don't mean that they'll work better, it just means that they're more potent and thus more likely to cause irritation. I can assure you, having used BP products of all sorts over the past few years that 2.5% BP applied all over your entire face is by far the best nonprescription treatment out there. Dan's gel that he sells online at clearskinregimen.com is fantastic and I cannot praise it enough. However, if you're skeptical about ordering online, Neutrogena On-the-Spot 2.5% in "vanishing" is your next best thing.

I use that dual-action moisturizer at night (it has no SPF in it, so wearing it in the day with BP is a BAAAD idea since BP makes your skin way more sensitive to sun exposure). I use it only because Target makes a version of that moisturizer that costs like $4 for 4 oz, which is an amazing deal. However, it's not a good moisturizer, especially for someone just starting to use BP. It contains 0.5% salicyclic acid, which can be pretty irritating when used with BP (though 0.5% is a low amount). When I use the dual-action moisturizer, my face feels very dry and tight afterwards. If you have a lot of oiliness problems, it might be good for you, but I would get a more moisturizing moisturizer that doesn't have SA in it to start with. Check out the ones Dan recommends.

As Brandy and many others are quick to point out, you won't be on the regimen if you're not using recommended products. If it doesn't end up working for you with what you use, I can promise you that the first thing everyone tells you to do will be to switch to the recommended products. I got lucky in that my nonrecommended face wash and moisturizers turned out okay, but my skin is also not particularly sensitive and I knew from the start that I might have to change products if things didn't work out. You may as well start off on the right foot by returning that BP and moisturizer and getting better products.

I got:

If you read up on Dan's regimen, why did you go out and buy two products that he does not recommend? 10% BP is way too much and should only be used for spot-treating acne. If you spread it all over your face I guarantee you will burn and peel within days (the burning and peeling doesn't happen immediately, but usually sometime in the first week). Return to Clean & Clear Persa-Gel to the drugstore and get Neutrogena On-the-Spot. Remember, higher percentages of BP don't mean that they'll work better, it just means that they're more potent and thus more likely to cause irritation. I can assure you, having used BP products of all sorts over the past few years that 2.5% BP applied all over your entire face is by far the best nonprescription treatment out there. Dan's gel that he sells online at clearskinregimen.com is fantastic and I cannot praise it enough. However, if you're skeptical about ordering online, Neutrogena On-the-Spot 2.5% in "vanishing" is your next best thing.

I use that dual-action moisturizer at night (it has no SPF in it, so wearing it in the day with BP is a BAAAD idea since BP makes your skin way more sensitive to sun exposure). I use it only because Target makes a version of that moisturizer that costs like $4 for 4 oz, which is an amazing deal. However, it's not a good moisturizer, especially for someone just starting to use BP. It contains 0.5% salicyclic acid, which can be pretty irritating when used with BP (though 0.5% is a low amount). When I use the dual-action moisturizer, my face feels very dry and tight afterwards. If you have a lot of oiliness problems, it might be good for you, but I would get a more moisturizing moisturizer that doesn't have SA in it to start with. Check out the ones Dan recommends.

As Brandy and many others are quick to point out, you won't be on the regimen if you're not using recommended products. If it doesn't end up working for you with what you use, I can promise you that the first thing everyone tells you to do will be to switch to the recommended products. I got lucky in that my nonrecommended face wash and moisturizers turned out okay, but my skin is also not particularly sensitive and I knew from the start that I might have to change products if things didn't work out. You may as well start off on the right foot by returning that BP and moisturizer and getting better products.

heres the thing about y i bought the 10%bp, i got it b/c i couldnt find 2.5 anyware. Im not afraid of buying things online, its just that i dont want to wait for the slow shipping. Plus i just read this and i used the bp like a half hour ago so i cant return it. I looked for dans recommended moisturizer but again i couldnt find it, so i bought the eucurin original but i thought it wouldnt work so i got the other1 also. ur right the dual action moisterizer does make my skin feel dry and tight...so ur saying i should not use it during the day? and i should only apply it at night? and about the 10% making my skin red and to peel um how badd does it make ur skin look? but thnks for responding

I got:

heres the thing about y i bought the 10%bp, i got it b/c i couldnt find 2.5 anyware. Im not afraid of buying things online, its just that i dont want to wait for the slow shipping. Plus i just read this and i used the bp like a half hour ago so i cant return it. I looked for dans recommended moisturizer but again i couldnt find it, so i bought the eucurin original but i thought it wouldnt work so i got the other1 also. ur right the dual action moisterizer does make my skin feel dry and tight...so ur saying i should not use it during the day? and i should only apply it at night? and about the 10% making my skin red and to peel um how badd does it make ur skin look? but thnks for responding

last friday i wound up using way to much bp...so my face was red and burning for like 2 days,,my face is now back to normal and i told my dermo yesterday about the regimen and he said to not do it b/c i have inflamitor ance and the regimen works perfectly for ppl with blackheads and that have greasy faces. so he told me to use a tiny bit of 2.5 bp on my face i bought the cvs brand of the nuetra gena on the spot cream and that i should use it @ night and to not use the cleaning bar anymore ,and to use a tiny bit of cortizone cream in the a.m , only like 3/7 days a week..