Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sally Flower

Help - How do you Live with Accutane

Hello, I'm really glad to have found this great community.

I have been on Accutane :( for almost 3 months, and although I haven't had any serious side effects I'm having a very difficult time with the dryness.

I'm using Vasaline intestive care lotion on my body, but it does not seem to stop the dryness and cracking. My eyes and nose are also very dry.

I dont want to use any products that will hurt the progress I'm making, but what do you guys reccomend for keeping your face, body, eyes, and nose moist while taking accutane.

Thank you so much in advance.

Hello, I'm really glad to have found this great community.

I have been on Accutane :( for almost 3 months, and although I haven't had any serious side effects I'm having a very difficult time with the dryness.

I'm using Vasaline intestive care lotion on my body, but it does not seem to stop the dryness and cracking. My eyes and nose are also very dry.

I dont want to use any products that will hurt the progress I'm making, but what do you guys reccomend for keeping your face, body, eyes, and nose moist while taking accutane.

Thank you so much in advance.

I've been using bausch and laumb eye drops, saline mist at night for my nose, and eucerin lotion for body...Aquaphor for lips! so far, not bad...

My doctor recommended natural tear drops for the eyes and saline nasal spray for the nose -- ask the pharamacist -- they are both normal saline, not Rx.

I preferred Neutragena lotions over other brands but there are ton out there that work great for skin. The dryness on your face is bothersome but you'll just have to deal with it as best you can during the treatment. Don't put any harsh chemicals or acne meds that will add to the dryness on it (like benzyl peroxide or salicylic acid or glycolic acid). Use really mild face wash like Cetaphil.

Drink lots of water.

The board is a little slow during the day, but you'll get a ton of people responding with suggestions soon. Hang in there!

I've been using bausch and laumb eye drops, saline mist at night for my nose, and eucerin lotion for body...Aquaphor for lips! so far, not bad...

My dermo swears by Cetaphil cream--not the moisturizer, but the cream. It comes in decent-sized tubs and is fairly inexpensive. My dermo's office gives away tubes of it because it's such great stuff. I started using it after my first chemical peel, and I'm hooked. It completely quenches my face and smooths it out. Very good stuff. It'll be much better for you than the Vaseline stuff, and it's non-comedogenic.

My dermo swears by Cetaphil cream--not the moisturizer, but the cream. It comes in decent-sized tubs and is fairly inexpensive. My dermo's office gives away tubes of it because it's such great stuff. I started using it after my first chemical peel, and I'm hooked. It completely quenches my face and smooths it out. Very good stuff. It'll be much better for you than the Vaseline stuff, and it's non-comedogenic.

excellent -- I'll keep that in mind when I do Fraxel in a couple weeks.

Thanks so much for the advice.

For the saline eye drops can I apply them as much as I want?

I've always seen Cetaphil at the store and just assumed it was another lotion I'll run to the store tomorrow and pick some up. Is it OK to use on your face?

I also found some aloe nasal moisterizer today at Walgreens, and so far I like it a lot.

You can make it. It's well worth it. I had a split lip for a solid month! It would not heal before splitting again, usually at night.

However, I'm six months in and 99% clear.