Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey just wondering anyone round here used PanOxyl? My friend tried it, and it cleared up his acne (moderate to severe) in a matter of weeks :shock: Just wondering if anyone knows what sorta results it gives...and if it would be good for my sort of acne? I'm not sure how to classify my skin, I would have said mild to moderate, I get lots of yellowheads blackhead and one or two cysts...see my gallery for pics.

Thanks for any help anyone can give!

:)

I use panoxyl's 5% bar wash, it hasn't cleared me 100% but it does keep my acne in check. Get a decent moisturizer with AHA just incase it dries out your face.

Yeah I have very oily skin, I don't think I'd have a problem with over-drying. I think I will go with the 2.5% gel for now, see how it goes- thanks for your advice!

i use both at night, 5% bar wash followed by 2.5% bp gel.

i wanted to try the 10% bar but they don't sell them in Canada.

The 5% Pan Oxyl Bar is only sold at the Pharmacy. You don't need a prescription, but they don't put it on the shelves in the store, so just go up to the desk at the Pharmacy and ask for it and they'll give it to you. They may have to order it, but it only takes a day. I buy mine at CVS usually, but just about every Pharmacy has it. I've bought it at Price Chopper, Wal Mart, Target, Rite Aid, and others. You won't have any trouble finding it.

I've been using the 5% bar soap for a long time, and it does a really good job since I have oily skin. However, even my oily skin can get dried out due to the BP in the soap, so do like "El Guapo" says, and get a good moisturizer. One with AHA would be the best combination, but for some it may be irritating, so you'll have to experiment with the moisturizer. Good Luck, hope this helps.