Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest hopelessGuy

You think Dan can get a real Dermatologist to get on here and answer some questions?

Guest hopelessGuy

Just wondering thats all, it's not a real trip to the doctor's office but it could help dismiss some myths and answer some people's questions, just a suggestion.

NY METS IN 2006!!!

True. But a lot of people come here to get away from dermatologists because they don't seem to be much help.

Also, if derm visitation lengths are any indication (i.e. they come in, glance at you and scribble a prescription in the span of 30 seconds) I wouldn't expect their answers to be much more than 'yes' or 'no' for every post.

Their time is precious, can't spend more than 30 seconds on any one topic or person. (obviously, my experience with derms frames my post).

Derms suck ass! Well most do any way, they dont care and try to get outta there asap... so they can collect the money and be done with it.

Derms suck ass! Well most do any way, they dont care and try to get outta there asap... so they can collect the money and be done with it.

It would never work and it jus seems like a way of avoiding paying a dermatologist. If you have problems jus go see one.

most people on here are talkin from personal experience an that is a lot more valuable

its like a car salesman tellin u the new Nissan Micra is the best car on the planet for off road lol

where as u talk to some people who drive offroad, an they wil steer u in the direction of the car u actually want

derms are wastes of time.

Actually there are some members around here who have very strong medical background knowledge.

And even more members who have done a through research on their condition and share it with others, with links supported...

Btw I dont think even the scientists & derms know 100% about acne, or we will already have a cure for acne.

Bottom line is, if you are looking for valid responses, there are many to be found here. Just do a little research on your part to confirm their validity. :angel:

You gotta be kiding...a derm?!?

What the heck do they know? I've had one for three years, and have not improved my acne at all. The clear skin regimen worked WAY better.

That's an interesting idea, but you don't typically see Neurologists on seizure support forums, or Oncologists on cancer support forums. So, a derm probably isn't necessary for an acne support forum.

If you really want a dermatologist's advice, you should make an appointment with one. This website was not designed to be a substitute for a dermatologist. Just a place to share ideas, experience, successful treatments and find support.

That's an interesting idea, but you don't typically see Neurologists on seizure support forums, or Oncologists on cancer support forums. So, a derm probably isn't necessary for an acne support forum.

If you really want a dermatologist's advice, you should make an appointment with one. This website was not designed to be a substitute for a dermatologist. Just a place to share ideas, experience, successful treatments and find support.

In the more rural areas, getting a dermatologist appointment can be near-impossible. I was told it would take between 1 and 3 years for me to get in to see one. My acne could be clear by then :confused:

Well, I know that ^ is certainly frustrating.

But if derms are THAT busy, there's probably no way any reputable one would want to spend time on a message board answering questions. ;)

In the more rural areas, getting a dermatologist appointment can be near-impossible. I was told it would take between 1 and 3 years for me to get in to see one. My acne could be clear by then :confused:

Sure, but an internet derm won't help you out anymore than a derm you can't make an appointment with. All derms do is prescribe random antibiotics and topicals, and you can bet that a derm on a message board will NOT write you a prescription based on some pictures. If you want to know how to take care of your skin and get recommendations for non-prescription acne products, you're fine on here as it is without a resident derm.

Guest tired of this shish

rather, there have been professional aestheticians, or at least they claimed to be aestheticians. They wander on rare occasions into this website. I've spoken to some (I hope! lol) and gotten nifty advices...

Well, I know that ^ is certainly frustrating.

But if derms are THAT busy, there's probably no way any reputable one would want to spend time on a message board answering questions. ;)

:clap: Brandy has said everything that I wanted to say.

I think that would be cool, but I doubt it'll happen. Doctors in general are already overly busy and working too much. Then they're probably all freaked out about posting in public forums because they don't want any surprise issues that might come up, plus they wouldn't want tons of people asking questions I wouldn't think.

So, only way we could do it would be if we paid a dermatologist to get on here, but that ain't gonna happen any time soon :) But hey, you never know, maybe someday.

You never know, one of the users here might become a derm and come back to this place. If this board is still here 10-15 years from now, there'll be at least one :)

Guest tired of this shish

I think that would be cool, but I doubt it'll happen. Doctors in general are already overly busy and working too much. Then they're probably all freaked out about posting in public forums because they don't want any surprise issues that might come up, plus they wouldn't want tons of people asking questions I wouldn't think.

So, only way we could do it would be if we paid a dermatologist to get on here, but that ain't gonna happen any time soon :) But hey, you never know, maybe someday.

We should all start a fund to get a derm in here ASAP. They'll never do it out of the goodness of their hearts. Hearts? Do they even have that organ?

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

What the heck do they know? I've had one for three years, and have not improved my acne at all. The clear skin regimen worked WAY better.

You do realise that your Dermatologist doesn't represent all Derms, right?!

Ignorant posts like yours are completely useless in this forum. :|

I would say that is a very accurate description for almost every single dermatoligists. The things they learn through medical school (standardized) and the continuing education they recieve (seminars, etc.) are based on studies paid for by pharmaceutical companies. Anyone can make any study come out any way that they want it to. They supposedly disproved that diet has anything to do with acne. Their study involved giving different foods to people who have NO ACNE. When they didn't get acne after this, they concluded diet has nothing to do with acne. Before you call someone ignorant, Look directly in the mirror and say it next time.

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

I would say that is a very accurate description for almost every single dermatoligists. The things they learn through medical school (standardized) and the continuing education they recieve (seminars, etc.) are based on studies paid for by pharmaceutical companies. Anyone can make any study come out any way that they want it to. They supposedly disproved that diet has anything to do with acne. Their study involved giving different foods to people who have NO ACNE. When they didn't get acne after this, they concluded diet has nothing to do with acne. Before you call someone ignorant, Look directly in the mirror and say it next time.

Yet another paragraph of generalised, sweeping statements.

My Dermatologist, and i'm sure he's not the only one , gives all his patients a diet plan that suggests avoiding foods believed to exacerbate acne. Things such as low GI, high processed sugars, Iodine, Wheat, Yeast, Lactose etc are amongst the list.

Yes there are very traditional Dermatologists. There are also new age ones. It can't be said that they're one and the same. You too are ignorant because you're trying to suggest that you know what every single Dermatologists ideologies and Medical background's are. You really are ignoring the fact that it's impossible to. It's laughable.

For those who do not know, we did have a very active dermatologist on the site named "dermpro". Some mod ... "Wolfkeeper", banned him from the site for no reason. A poll voted wolfkeeper to be banned, but it never happenned. Too bad, that derm had helped tons of people on the site in the prescription med forums. If there is anyone to blame for this, it is "Wolfkeeper".