Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kj1982

facial hair on women

ok anyone who has ready my log know im am suffering from increased facial hair since being on accutane. there must be some other women having the same problem as me.

i have used a facial hair romoval cream on my lip and chin but the hair is just growing back fast. but the worst thing is is that it is now on my cheeks to, like fine soft hairs. but they are very visable. this is affecting me as much if not more than acne.

has anyone please got any suggestions on what i should do apart from shaving my face?

See if there is someone in your area who does threading.

i was thinking of looking into that but its not permanant is it?

i really want to find something that will get rid of it forever. i dont want a face full of hair, its horrible.

i found a laser hair romval thing that you can buy rather than going to salons, it £100 but i dont know if it will work. suppose it may be worth the try when i can come up with the cash

If it's become overactive due to Accutane, it's quite likely that it will settle down afterwards. For permanent solutions you'd have took to laser removal (it takes several treatments and is quite expensive) but you can't do that until six months after Accutane.

ok anyone who has ready my log know im am suffering from increased facial hair since being on accutane. there must be some other women having the same problem as me.

i have used a facial hair romoval cream on my lip and chin but the hair is just growing back fast. but the worst thing is is that it is now on my cheeks to, like fine soft hairs. but they are very visable. this is affecting me as much if not more than acne.

has anyone please got any suggestions on what i should do apart from shaving my face?

This is actually very common in women. I began to see an increase in the amount of facial hari after the age of 21. I have a family history of facial hair in women. The accutane may be promoting it , but ask your mom or grandma if they know of any other women in your family with this problem. My sister has it really bad. She tried electrolosis and it made it worse. Waxing is an option but it is painful. Laser procedures could help. I have tried a hair growth inhibitor that seems to help. It makes the hair come in slower and thinner.

Yes I have this to, but thank god the hair on my face is lighter or I would look horrible lol. I saw something in an avon book that helped remove hair, but I forgot what it was sorry I know not helpful. I'll try to figure out what it was and I'll come back.

Yes I have this to, but thank god the hair on my face is lighter or I would look horrible lol. I saw something in an avon book that helped remove hair, but I forgot what it was sorry I know not helpful. I'll try to figure out what it was and I'll come back.

you can probably go to the avon site and find that

thanks for all the replies.

i actually have suffered with facial hair since a very young age, and i started removing the hair on my top[ lip when i was about 19. but since starting accutane is has definately got worse, im 24 now.

i did not know you could not use laser hair removal until 6 months off accutane. my mother has recently started getting a mild facial hair problem but she is 53. and my granmother never suffered. my sister has slight hair on her face but nothing noticable. it seems i got all the bad genes from somewhere to get facial hair and acne. i feel horrible.

i think i will look into buying the facial hair laser product and see if that works in a couple of months because i dont fancy going to a salon and the nearest one is 4 hours away by train.

rainybutterfly whats a growth inhibitor? and where would i got it?

I noticed this too-I thought I was imagining it, so I'm surprised that increased hair growth is common in women taking accutane!