Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kattfan

good results with dairy free diet

I just became a member since a page like this one is just what ive been looking for. unfortunately it seems like most products on this page is only available in the states and im swedish, living in dublin, but there is always online shopping i guess...

anyhow, ive suffered from acne since i was 17. it sucks, yes indeed, and age doesnt seem to do much when it comes to improvements (im 23 now) BUT i do believe what we eat has got something to do with the way we look.

thats why I decided to give dairy a miss, starting from january. i have now been dairy free for almost 5 months, save a few rare moments when i didnt have much of a choise, and for me it has improved my skin condition. Im not acne free, not at all, but compared to how i looked 5 months ago i must say things have never looked better. I dont get big, yellow spots anymore. no yellow stuff what so ever. i do get small red ones, blackheads and my skin is still red. but the real nasty pimples are gone. especially the ones around my mouth. i have loads of scarrs unfortunately. and red little patches. theyre smooth to the touch but highly visible.

i guess what im trying to say is that dairy free food does help it wont make u look like a 10-year old but it will decrease the amount of pimples in your face. wheat- and dairy free diets are often recommended to people with different skin condidtions such as acne, eczema and pshoreasis. cows milk in general is not ment for human consumption, ive heard.

however, as always, it is all individual. an old friend of mine was a vegan for about 10 years, from age 15 - 25 and still suffered from sever acne. now he is acne free, and thats probably because he "grew out of it."

so eating different and cutting out different things might not work 4 everybody. ut i can sincerely say it helped me. a bit anyway.

also trying not to eat red meat since that causes clogged pores. i think that the thought of eating organic foods and food with less hormones sounds like a good idea. less chemicals. less poison.

gonna try vinegar tonight.

regards!

/Kat

Could you do me a favor. Add only yogurt, preferably organic and high quality, back into your diet. See if it gives you any breakouts.

I personally haven't found it to be a problem to me but then again I eliminated dairy for awhile and don't think it has much to do behind my breakouts (it seems to be the nuts / seeds are the possible culprit for me).

Could you do me a favor. Add only yogurt, preferably organic and high quality, back into your diet. See if it gives you any breakouts.

I personally haven't found it to be a problem to me but then again I eliminated dairy for awhile and don't think it has much to do behind my breakouts (it seems to be the nuts / seeds are the possible culprit for me).

hey yeah some say that yoghurt with that culture stuff in it, acidophilus or bifidophilus that is a real savour for upset stomachs, would also be beneficial for acne sufferers. guess since ive heard a lot about the stomach and the liver being the bad guys. if the bacterial culture in ones stomach is perfectly even it should mean less acne. guess it could be true. but im still afraid of adding any kind of milk products. everytime ive been "forced" to eat say butter at a restaurant since a lot of food is coocked with butter ive paniced a bit. dont know if milk has got anything to do with my results but it feels like it since i can honestly say my skin is looking better now than 5 months ago.

and speaking of the liver ive heard. or read, that milk thistel is good for the liver. its some kind of oil that comes from the milk thistel, a plant, and it detoxes the liver. its suposed to be great for hang overs too...

but ive tryed to eat only fruit and drink only water and speciall tea for 10 days, didnt work at all. it took me at least 2 months beore i saw any results with my dairy free diet though. gotta be patient...

i think it is all up to the individual body when it comes to dirrerent diets. we all respond differently. guess it would give results to cut out dairy, carbs and red meat since pure food is what we are ment to eat in the first place but it is kind of impossible. not to mention expensive.

maybe i should include the good yoghurt and see. I ll get back to you.

Alright, that'd be pretty cool to see if it breaks you out or not since yogurt is indicated for use in people who otherwise can't tolerate dairy, like lactose intolerant people. If you have a brand called Nancy's Organic Yogurt available, definitely try that one, it's one of the best.