Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GoldenGala

redness in indented scars

Does the redness inside indented scars ever go away, just leaving the indent?? I'm not sure what type of scars they're called, ice pick? but I have dot-like scars or kind of < shaped indent scars, not very deep, but red. It's been about 4 months and there hasn't been much change.

What do you think is the best to stick with? I've been trying out retin-a, hydroquine (sp? and aha.

Thanks in advance!!

:) i think redness will go away regardless if its indented , but its a matter of time , if ur desperate maybe consider v-beam? i onno much about vbeam , but u can look up the forum for details bout it

Pretty much same situation, I tried AHA but it made me face red looks worse now -_- I hope these red marks go fast, Don't mind a few scar's to make me look mean but RED marks in scar's nuhuh not for me thanks! gonna buy some aloe vera 100% hopefully will fix the problemo

thanks to both of you for the replies! I'll probably give it some more time and if they're still really red, check out the vbeam or laser options. Have to try the aloe now too :)

Pretty much same situation, I tried AHA but it made me face red looks worse now -_- I hope these red marks go fast, Don't mind a few scar's to make me look mean but RED marks in scar's nuhuh not for me thanks! gonna buy some aloe vera 100% hopefully will fix the problemo

there's no way to get rid of them fast. unless 6-8 months is considered fast to you. and that's if you've been doing laser treatments.

There isn't really a cut and dry answer to this. In some people, the redness goes away, in others, it doesn't. The redness in my indented scars went away pretty quickly (about four months and the coloring was almost perfectly even and stayed that way), but there's another guy on here, whose username I cannot remember, who has had scars exactly as long as I have (8 years) and his are still red. His are a little deeper, though, which no doubt makes a difference.

Guest nec77

it sounds like broken capillaries (which is under your skin).

it sounds like broken capillaries (which is under your skin).

ok why would you tell him they are broke capalliers, not another one who is doing this, no they will fade on their own with time, 4 months is not long, some take years, there are obviously many things you can do to speed up the process.

Guest nec77

well it sounds like he has what i got... i've had mine 3 years. im not a pro though.