Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chaz (charlotte)

anybody like me?!!

hey u guys...does any body else constantly look in the mirror to check their spots? as soon as i wake up i have to check them. when i go to bed i have to look at them. its like i'm trying to find new ones or hope that theyve gone. please help!

Of course! That's the story of my life! Did some picking yesterday which made my mild acne MUCH worse! Thats the bad thing about looking at your spots, you end up touching them! Anyway I totally feel you Chaz,

Sola

Of course! That's the story of my life! Did some picking yesterday which made my mild acne MUCH worse! Thats the bad thing about looking at your spots, you end up touching them! Anyway I totally feel you Chaz,

Sola

it jst makes it worse looking in the mirror :( even if a new one hasnt come up i try and find new ones. all i cn see is red marks too. jst makes me down thats all. jst wondered if anyone else does it. thanks for ur help

of course everyone looks at them, and when i wake up in the morning i'm always feeling for new bumps and praying to God there isn't a new one.

I may as well stick a rear view mirror to my head, as I am constantly looking in the mirror. Sometimes I walk past a mirror determined not to look, but its like some supernatural force drags me back and makes me look!

I can't help it. and then I feel sick when I see another lump appearing. I hate mirrors! I hate acne more! I'm sick of it. Looking in the mirror is the worst part of my day, I hate it. Unless I can see myself clearing up, which is very rare these days, and then I love mirrors!!!!

Lets smash all mirrors! :sneaky:

Yeah I do the same. Constantly looking in mirrors hoping that my face has magically calmed down.. Of course that's never the case. Think its become an obssession where I look in mirrors like every 10 minutes if I am at home! Its beginning to annoy me and make things worse! :cry: ARGH!!! Why should we all suffer like this? What have we done wrong?? :( Think it makes me feel slightly better that other people are feeling the same as me so we can all talk about it!

i must have looked in the mirror every 30 mins today. its as if i'm hoping some of it will be gone...when really it wont have moved in 30 mins!! we should all do a promise that we'll try not to look in the mirror...unless we r putting on makeup or about to go out lol! because its getting ridiculous! its not that am vein lol...its jst an obsession that i need my acne to leave my damn face. its so annoying. Need help by the way...i wore no makeup since sunday but my spots seemed have got worse...any ideas why this is?! ive been drinking lots of water too. please reply :redface:

I'm the same. :( I always check when I'm out in town or wherever, I cant help...sometimes its a lot better than i think it is, but other times i just catch my reflection in a mirror in a shop or sumwhere, and i see how bad i look and it just gets me down :(

yeah, ive noticed that. it also depends on the lighting of the area, and all other kinds of stuff. i usually try really hard to look at any mirrors, but its hard not to.

Remember, the only person who cares so much how bad you look is YOU. Others couldn't care less. It's not like they are going to poke fingers at your face or think badly of you because you have acne. Almost everyone had them at some point. Think of yourself as an ugly duckling who will eventually turn into a beautiful swan. Your struggles will only make you a better person. They key is to never give up and never give in to your negative emotions. If you suffer from anxiety, buy a bottle of Picamilon.

I'm trying to break the mirror checking habit myself. From my experience, frequent mirror checking/looking for new spots, etc. only increases anxiety about how you look. I've noticed that on days when I am too busy to look in the mirror very often, my stress level is much lower and I feel better.

Its hard to just completely stop doing this if it is a habit for you. If you want to stop mirror checks, decrease the frequency that you do it. For example, if you currently check every 10 min, make a rule that you can only check once every hour, then once every two hours, etc. To reduce temptation you can keep hand held mirrors out of reach, don't bring them into the bathroom with you, etc.

Clearing up my skin with BP completely stopped my mirror habits. The first thing I'd do when I woke up is feel my face for new "guests", and then I'd get over to a mirror to inspect the damage and feel very angry and powerless about my skin. Now I don't feel compelled to check up on my face nearly as often, and I don't even do the morning new acne checks anymore. It's really liberating, honestly.

don't you find that when you look in the mirror alllll the time your spots look worse..compared to when you look in the mirror like twice a day when they look barely notciable. and when your about to become clear and the marks are fading..you always loook for bumps and stress about it and it just gets worse cause the next day you get a couple more pimples from the stresss..story of my life

if ive got a really big red one, or a potentially reall ybig red one, i get up like its christmas morning to check the mirror to see if its gone down or anything.

don't you find that when you look in the mirror alllll the time your spots look worse..compared to when you look in the mirror like twice a day when they look barely notciable. and when your about to become clear and the marks are fading..you always loook for bumps and stress about it and it just gets worse cause the next day you get a couple more pimples from the stresss..story of my life

I am totally with you on this one! Its like when you are clear, you think to yoursef "no, I can't be clear, I'm never clear!" And you almost will another spot to appear cos thats the way its always been. We beg to be clear, yet when we look as thought we're getting clear, we cosntantly stress and panic and look for new arrivals, instead of being happy we are clear!!!!! <sigh> its a vicious circle! :wall:

I can identify entirely! When i had a pimple i would go so far as setting my alarm for 2 am so that i could get up, check if it had gone down and apply more spot treatment. It was crazy and i realised it was better to get a good nights sleep rather than stressing! The things we do hey....we should stop obsessing! Easier said than done though....we'll all get there! :)

yeh i think we will all get there...jst...takes...time...i'm so glad ppl on here feel the same way...i thought i was the obsessive one jst looking in the mirror all the time! this week though i've gone 5 days with out make up :) and trying to drink 2 litres of evian everyday...i feel it is helping a little :) everybody keep smiling...what i try and think is...no one stares at ur face that close and for all that time (like the length of time you look in the mirror). does any one else check the front and both sides too lol?!! i think its nice we all go thru the same thing...if we didnt have spots u guys...we'd be bothered about something else...like my friend today (who has gorgeous skin) hates her teeth...when i think her teeth r ok! it boils down to that no one will ever be happy how they look...at least our spots MIGHT just eventually go...whereas weight problems for example r much harder to beat. :clap:

i agree!!

i look in a mirror tht is right next to a lamp so i can see evry lump bump and spot!

no one looks at your face so intensely as yourself though.

we just all want perfection!

im using freederm just now but it has brought out loads more spots

grr.x

I am EXACTLY the same...and my family doesn't understand, they think I'm so vain :rolleyes: when I'm just the opposite. It usually sucks looking in the mirror, but when something makes you happy- you're happy! :D

hey, acne is a fake problem caused by the products you use, the more you use the more you look for some help from other products, its fake, when in history books do you see people with acne, it just started probably in the 60's. its caused by people putting crazy chemicals on their face, their face cant handle it and produces more oil because the poduct dries out the face. The best thing to do is just to splash your face with water 6 to 10 times, not rubbing it, and patting your face dry. of coarse with everything you probably will break out again but only because your face is getting used to it, but after that you wont see any more problems at all, not one more pimple , nothing, it only takes about a month to see major improvements. then after a while you can wash your face less and less, and the oilyness will go away too. i dont know if it works with all types of skin, but i had really bad acne and it worked right away. Acne is created to steal money from good people. havnt you noticed out of most people you probably wash your face more than people without acne? do you notice that the spots that you dont wash your face are the spots with the fewest acne and the spots that you wash your face the most have the most acne?

im def obsessed with mirrors if i have a huge zit or something. i constantly have to look at to see how its doing lol....and i even worry about future zits! like if i have some party or event planned, one of the first things i think about it is "i hope my skin looks good for the event" or whatever. :) it sucks!

hey, acne is a fake problem caused by the products you use, the more you use the more you look for some help from other products, its fake, when in history books do you see people with acne, it just started probably in the 60's. its caused by people putting crazy chemicals on their face, their face cant handle it and produces more oil because the poduct dries out the face. The best thing to do is just to splash your face with water 6 to 10 times, not rubbing it, and patting your face dry. of coarse with everything you probably will break out again but only because your face is getting used to it, but after that you wont see any more problems at all, not one more pimple , nothing, it only takes about a month to see major improvements. then after a while you can wash your face less and less, and the oilyness will go away too. i dont know if it works with all types of skin, but i had really bad acne and it worked right away. Acne is created to steal money from good people. havnt you noticed out of most people you probably wash your face more than people without acne? do you notice that the spots that you dont wash your face are the spots with the fewest acne and the spots that you wash your face the most have the most acne?

in history class we learned acne has been around since the 1600's, when the Pilgrims came over. it just wasnt as serious because they didnt have as much shit that coudl cause it or anything, and because they were, for the most part, extremely healthy people.

nice try though.

NOBODY notices the shit on my face that I see.. I literally have to point it out when I Think its huge and hidious. Ive come to realize people almost always look into your eyes when they talk to you unless its SUPER noticable