Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
beentheredonethat

So i bought some Bare Escentuals

I don't normally wear makeup since it always breaks me out no matter the formula, but i'm getting married in about a month and i'm going to wear some for pictures. It's more important to me that i look natural rather than "perfect" since my fiance hates what he calls "that mannequin look", and i thought the Bare Minerals stuff would be perfect. I am able to build up to enough coverage after a few thin coats, but there is a visible line where my apparently extremely fair neck meets my face which is still fairly red from old acne marks and Accutane-induced flushing.

Well i knew i was fair, but fairer than the fairest foundation? WTF? Any way to lighten it? Maybe mixing it with the mineral veil or something?

Well, I can't really help you w/BE, because I hated that crap. J. Lynne and Raesin Images have many LIGHTER shades (plus, they sell samples, so you could actually only get a small amount for cheap if that's all you're going to need). I've always managed to get spot-on perfect matches with those two brands. No funky tell-tale makeup lines, EVER!

If you want to get your $$$ worth out of what you have currently, I'd probably do what you just mentioned and mix the MV into it and see how that goes. Good luck!

Guest Gentle~Rain

Adding mineral veil will just make the coverage more sheer, not really lighter. I use purelux right now and the shades run LIGHT! Plus they have a forum and the owner is super nice and will custom blend it for you if you can't find the right shade. The only other advise I could offer would be to carry your application downward onto your neck and blend in with a fade to better hide your line of demarcation.

Are these other brands all internet only? This is one of those things i really need to try in person (although this shade looked fine in the store, but not at home). I'm about to give up and go to a Clinique counter.

helloOo. i used to use bare escentuals/bare minerals. it worked great, and didn't irritate my skin. the only probably was finding the right color to match my skin tone (i'm asian, so my skin is yellow..haha). i wish i could find mineral makeup that matches my skin tone :cry: i recently switched to lancome. the powder that i got matches my skin tone perfectly and it doesn't irritate my skin. my acne's pretty bad and lancome's concealer works wonders on coverage. i use the concealer and powder. i would definitely recommend mineral makeup to everyone though :D

Are these other brands all internet only? This is one of those things i really need to try in person (although this shade looked fine in the store, but not at home). I'm about to give up and go to a Clinique counter.

Yeah, the ones I suggested are online, but the beauty of these companies is that you can buy a ton of different samples for really, really cheap. Although, if you want to get it over with, without having to wait for stuff to arrive in the mail, you might be better off just going to the mall and having the SA help you out. I know I get impatient for stuff to happen. Plus, then you wouldn't have to waste $$$ on samples!

Good luck!!

After practicing some more i was able to get a better application. I think i tried it the first time when my skin was flushed from the heat outside and i ended up using a lot more than i needed. I think i need to get the full coverage and concealer brushes and it will work fine.

Cornstarch is very comedogenic, no thanks.

Check the label of Mineral Veil, it is mostly cornstarch. It may be listed as Zea Mays, which is the technical/proper/cosmetic name for cornstarch.