Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Charlotte_88

Large and painful Boil

I am been getting rather a lot of large and painful spots that are under my skin that I think might be boils :cry: ARGH! I mainly get them on my chin and they often get really large. They cause me a lot of pain and frustration! Anyone else suffer from this and what do you use on them to help them heal quicker?

:(

Guest tvirus_outbreak

My mum knew a girl from school who would get a lot of boils. The girl's father would pull out the hard, pussy core. That usually makes them go away, popping them doesn't work. I'm not saying that you should do it, because it could probably lead to scaring but I think that would get rid of them.

My mum knew a girl from school who would get a lot of boils. The girl's father would pull out the hard, pussy core. That usually makes them go away, popping them doesn't work. I'm not saying that you should do it, because it could probably lead to scaring but I think that would get rid of them.

How do you get to the core though. I suffer from these boils too and they're just solid hard lumps. There is no head to them, so to get to the core, you would have to cut your skin open!!!! :naughty:

I believe this is what I keep getting on my chin as well. It's not really painful but they it keeps coming back in the same spot every month of so and lasts about a week. I'm going to the dermo today and hopefully I'll get it taken care of so I don't get it anymore.

Can you let us know what the derm says please? It'll be handy to know for when I go to my derm in June. Thanks

xx

yeah sure, no problem.

Can you let us know what the derm says please? It'll be handy to know for when I go to my derm in June. Thanks

xx

i just got back, i told him about that spot on my chin but funny thing is that it really faded away this morning after i washed my face and everything...you can still see a small outline but it's not nearly as visable anymore but anyways i got two prescriptions from him the first one is a pill called Azithromycin which is an antibiotic and the second thing is called Benzaclin which is a gel that is another form of a benzoyl peroxide. i'll let you know the results of these.

xx

i just got back, i told him about that spot on my chin but funny thing is that it really faded away this morning after i washed my face and everything...you can still see a small outline but it's not nearly as visable anymore but anyways i got two prescriptions from him the first one is a pill called Azithromycin which is an antibiotic and the second thing is called Benzaclin which is a gel that is another form of a benzoyl peroxide. i'll let you know the results of these.

Did your derm say that what was on your chin was nodules?, or something else?..What you were describing really sounds like what I get sometimes on my one cheek..

No he really didn't say what it was as it really faded down overnight, but it was bright red since Saturday. I'm not sure what it is, but if it comes back again I'm gonna make sure to go back and show him, then maybe he can take care of it for me, but hopefully it doesn't come back anymore.