Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gknowsit

Preparation H suppositories for acne

My face has been over 90% clear since I started using BP, but I had a customer last night who was very convincing that Prep H would completely clear acne. We weren't even originally talking about acne. He told me that Prep H suppositories are an old southern remedy for many ailments. He recommended it to take the motor oil out of my hair and told me his acne story about how his dad offered him $100 for every zit the Prep H didn't clear the next day and that he didn't make any $$ off of his dad because his skin cleared right up and now only breaks out once in a blue moon. He said I have to use the suppository type though. He said let it melt and apply it to my entire face. I think he said leave it on while you sleep, but that sounds like over kill to me. He said when you wake up, your face will be covered in oil because the Prep H has pushed all oil and dirt out of pores AND you will be extremely light colored in the face. His dad recommended going out in the sun for a bit. Prep H is also good for burns and it got some plumbers glue out of that guy's hair.

I'm gonna try it sometime this week. I do hate having to be so strict with my BP regimen though. I just hope my skin doesn't take a turn for the worst.

Worth a try i guess, let us know how you get on. I would try it myself but if my mum found me with a tube of preparation H it would be a tad embarrasing.

I tried the cream didn't do much for me but maybe there is somthing in the suppositories that is not in the cream, but yeah, do tell us if it works.

I'm gonna give it a try on Saturday night. I probably won't see any results right away because I don't have any zits thanks to the BP. The guy told me to wait until I have a bad breakout, but as long as I keep using BP wash, salicylic acid toner, and 10% BP cream I'm not gonna have that problem. I do hate the deep wrinkles in my skin from the BP though.

I'm gonna use the Prep H, then stop using BP altogether. If I start breaking out...I may try the Prep H one more time, then go back to BP if it doesn't work.