Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest ihatespots

just started differin

Guest ihatespots

went to my gp yesterday and he prescribed me 45g of differin.also said he wasnt sure if my acne was bad enough to go on accutane....two months ago i was referred to the derm because he said i needed it :evil: . im just wondering when it would be ok to use the differin at night and then the bp in the morning.after the ib on differin? if i start them both would the ib be twice as bad?

Hi-from what i have heard from others,(I used differin and added BP as a spot treatment but not on my whole face) BP will help control the severity of the IB on differin as it prevents infection. However i would be careful if your skin is sensistive- both products can make your skin dry and irriatated. Good luck!

I don't think I would use both products at the same time of day - at least not at first. It may be too irritating. I don't know if BP causes a purging breakout like Differin can - I think its main function is to kill the bacteria, so it shouldn't increase your skin's purging?

If you find the two products together cause too much irritation though, you might ask your doctor for topical clindamycin instead of the BP. It will also help reduce the chance of infected spots, and also reduces inflammation quite well. I am taking Differin for mild acne (mostly just blocked pores) but am also using clindamycin to prevent bacterial infection. The two products seem to be working well together so far.