Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hope2

The Price of Clear Skin $$$

Does it make anyone else physically ill to think how much you've spent on acne treatments?

I was actually thinking about it the other day, and I honestly could have bought a very nice car right now had I not spent those thousands and thousands and thousands of dollars on prescriptions, OTC remedies, derm appointments, etc....

And I'm not exaggerating....I am well aware of how much most of my medications have cost. I'm the one who fills them and refills them, I look at the original prices as well as my insurance co-pays (God bless insurance). And each time I think, "geez, this better be some miracle stuff for this price." But we all know how rarely it is....

It's just.....ridiculous. It's almost theft.

It's such a bad investment, when I consider the rate of return.

Sigh, oh well. I'm sure we all just have too much money laying around anyways, right?

It makes the paranoid part of us start to believe a little in a conspiracy theory: That drug companies probably know a treatment that could permanently cure acne but they are holding back because they could stand to lose millions and millions of dollars if people didn't need all the products to treat acne anymore.

I wonder if I'm the only one whose ever wondered that on occasion. :think:

A lot of people think the same thing for cancer and AIDS.

Sometimes I think that the best thing would be if genetic researchers either purposely or accidentally stumbled on the gene that causes acne and then develop some type of gene therapy that would cure acne.

Maybe they have and just don't want to release that information to the public... :blink:

(maybe I'm just rummy and need to go to bed, LOL) ;)

Bull shit. I live in Canada too. the topicals cost the same as in the U.S. if not way more.....the prescriptions cost the same...unless you have extended medical through your job or post secondary school....which many don't have. I've probably spent thousands...

Yeah, the $$$ I wasted on laser treatments was what chapped my ass the most. Total waste.

Accutane cost me a few thousand dollars but I honestly think it was one of the best investments I've made, appearance wise. But all the creams and lotions I used before accutane were a total waste.

Does it make anyone else physically ill to think how much you've spent on acne treatments?

Hope, I know the feeling. I have also spent thousands on appointments (total of 6 derms over the yrs), meds, dermabasion, collagen, and n-light. (the n-light treatment was a $1800 rip-off).

And my face still looks like crap!

there are very few good excellent doctors in this world, there was a time when people like louis pasteur, that jennings guy, researched and went into alot of hardwork to cure diseases, and when they did, then didnt rip off people or anything like that, these drug companies will definitely know all the true causes and what can be dont, but they wont tell u, because its a company and we live in a corporate world, as soon as you learn to better understand then perhaps you can understand that the medications will never work long term

good luck