Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
texaskid

The Texas Kid's Accutane Log

Whats up, my name is TJ I am 21 and I have had mild to moderate acne since I was 12, I've tried a lot of antibiotics and topical creams (B5, tetrocycline, minoclycline, scrubs, proactiv, murad) with little or short term effectivness, so today I decided to visit derm and try accutane since I have had friends on it and it has worked great for them. I've slipped into depression once in my life because of the way i felt about my skin and life is too short to not look good :D . So I'm gonna fix this, let the pill popping begin.

Day one April-24-06.

So anyways, I'm excited, stoked, and I wanna beat this once and for all, I refuse to allow the way I look to make up someones mind about me, I feel like I've had missed oppurtunities and chances with variable events in my life, but no more. I want to finally crush this facial displeasure, this is the log of the Texas Kid, I'll be attaching new pics every week.

Thanks

T J

[attachmentid=4332][attachmentid=4333][attachmentid=4334][attachmentid=4335]

Hi Tex!

Welcome to the Fam! You seem to have a fantastic attitude! This site is GREAT for keeping your spirits up on those bad acne days. All my best on your journey! Looking foward to more posts. Take care! :angel: L

hey and welcome! dont worry, accutane will clear you up just fine! ont worry--and good luck! (not like you'll need it though) keep us updated!

hi texaskid,

congrats dude, you just have become a memeber of the best accutane log community all over the world. :D

Just wanted to wish you good luck and all the best for your treatment. Hope tan will do a great work for you. ;) All the Best!

Good luck! Clear skin is waiting for you! And way to take the initiative and get started on the Accutane now instead of later. Your skin will thank you for it! Keep us posted on your progress, and keep your chin up... the beginning of your treatment will have its ups and downs, but even on the "down" days remember that this will all be over soon, and all you will have to show for it will be a perfect complexion!

Thankyou all for your support

Just a side note...my doctor told me of the potential side effects and how expensive the treatment is.

I understand I have mild to moderate acne but I have tried BP and the creams and the antibiotics and nothing has solved my problem.

So to be quite honest with you, I probably would have paid double for the treatment because I am one, confident that I will have great looking skin in under two months, and second to have the paranoia dissapear of thinking whether or not ppl are looking at me or my skin AND to have beautiful HEALTHY looking skin at the end, makes all this worth it.

T J

I had mild to moderate acne, and I am extremely pleased with the decision to take accutane. HOWEVER.. please don't be fooled into thinking that your skin will look great under any specific time frame. Henry (BlackTaxi2d) just got a cyst and he is in month 5. I hate to burst your bubble... but better to hear it now than think that you are going to be perfectly clear in a matter of weeks and then have pimples all the way through the end.

Just wanted to warn ya :D

But you WILL have clear skin by the end of the treatment which is a wonderful thought. Just look forward to the end and you won't be disappointed! :)

DAY 5

update:

whats up, well into day 5 and I can definitley tell that I have received the "initial worse breakout", it sucks :( I couldnt even go out and get wasted 2nite cause I was conscious about my face...damn it!

but other than that, I have been sleeping in annd feeling tired alot latley, thats all

ttyl

teej

[attachmentid=4365] DAY 5

post-40151-1146298899_thumb.jpg

post-40151-1146298899_thumb.jpg

DAY 11

Well, were on day 11, I can definitley say facial skin got the notorius "IB" (initial breakout) which sucks! cause my face looks worse now than when I began the treatment, into day 5 to now I've been getting new bumps and pimples eeww, so whenever I leave the house I wear a hat :wall: . My facial skin is about 25% less oily, when I take a shower in the morning ill use cetahil facial scrub and neutrogena gentle facial cleanser, when i hop out of the water my skin gets very dry and i will apply aloe vera gel or cetahil moisturiser (still experimenting which one is better)

As for side effects I've definitley received chapped lips (bought berry chapstick) and corner of my mouth usually gets dry. I feel lower back pain occasionally and sometimes get mood swings. Also, I'll get a runny nose a couple times a day but I wont get a cold :think:

I exercised today, (ran 2 miles and worked out arms) so we'll see if im unusually sore tommorow :eh:

thats all for now

teej

Hey.. Yeah i def got the chapped lips yesterday.. im a girl and i hate the feeling of my lips feeling like they have something on them 24/7. But i guess well get used to it. I am getting the IB too! My right cheek is breaking out... hopefully they come and go faster :D Remember we have to go thru the breakout to get to clear skin.... so be patient.. and dont pop! i am just so excited for the time when i stop getting a pimple a day :dance:

DAY 19

Well well, my initial breackout has finally vanished and my skin is looking better slowly, Iam beginning to get the "red marks", I shaved yesterday and I swear shaving my facial skin itself is like a minor exfoliation (shaving off dead skin etc.) and I woke up this morning after hard nite of drinking and my skin was a little dry thats it! I was inpressed becuase usually I wake up and i am super dry and flaky all over face.

Side Effects: tired at times, minor dry lips, sore back that is it! :D

whats best stuff to use to help red marks dissapear?

[attachmentid=4554][attachmentid=4555]

post-40151-1147476578_thumb.jpg

post-40151-1147476612_thumb.jpg

post-40151-1147476578_thumb.jpg

post-40151-1147476612_thumb.jpg

Hey :think: I just wanted to tell you (or remind you) that you really shouldn't drink heavily on accutane. It wreaks enough havoc on your liver as it is, so the drinking just makes it worse. I don't drink at all, but I hear for those that do that they cut waaaay back, or just go sober for 6 months. Just wanted to remind you to be careful!

Also, I saw that you were using a "scrub." Does that mean it has the exfoliating beads? Your skin is so thin and fragile that I would say pass on the scrub and use a gentle soap. The microabrasions are too much for your skin to handle! :)

For the red marks... just let them be. I am dealing with them as well. The best medicine I have found is sleep - get enough good sleep and you should be fine! They will go away in time. Most red marks take 6 months to disappear! The trick is getting rid of the pimples so no more red marks have the chance to get on your face!

Anyway, good luck! Sounds like things are going well! Take care of yourself!

UPDATE DAY 29

Whats shakin all, long time no update

Sooo my skin is doing MUCH better these days instead of a month ago, the IB was brutal for me, oil production has significantly reduced on my face, i would say i'am 75% clearer :) , I still get a few small blemishes here and there thats it.

My skin looks its best in the morning cause its dry but not flaky, and after a night of heavy drinking (yes, getting shitfaceted) my skin will still look decent, honestly, I believe its from the alchohol, just dries my right up. I should be drinking water MUCH more tho, it does help in my opinion

side effects: DRY lips! (medicated lip balm, fixes this np), mood swings, fatigue at times, laziness hah! :doh:

but umm other than that check out the before and after pics 30 days apart, this stuff is acutally working!!! :clap: , btw I also refuse to tell ppl that iam being medicated on tane, I am dying to hear someone casually say wow Teej your skin looks really great these days... :dance: ...i await this momet...

[attachmentid=4699]

[attachmentid=4700]

post-40151-1148529718_thumb.jpg

post-40151-1148529726_thumb.jpg

post-40151-1148529718_thumb.jpg

post-40151-1148529726_thumb.jpg

Really good results so far!! Keep the good work up dude. You'll be completly clear soon.. :D

what's up tj? wow - your results are looking awesome for just under a month!! hope my course works out like that...

question: how have you been able to handle drinking while on the tane???? i just started taking it yesterday and can't stand to think about giving up beer for six months!!!!! i mean i realize that i should probably cut out the almost daily happy hours but would like to still to party at least ONE weekend night..... (and i'm definitely not telling anyone about taking accutane either)

anyways, just wanted to drop in and say "hi" since i'm from the great state of texas too!!!

question: how have you been able to handle drinking while on the tane???? i just started taking it yesterday and can't stand to think about giving up beer for six months!!!!! i mean i realize that i should probably cut out the almost daily happy hours but would like to still to party at least ONE weekend night.....

hey jbern, well, I drink alot on weekends, so just fri's & sat's, (i drink alot on those nights) and its only effects on me is dry skin the next day, no new blemishes, and being thirsty for lots of water :surprised: , (p.s Im drinking hard liquor not beer)

DAY 47

Heya all, well day 47 is here, havent updated in a while because my skin is doing GREAT, in first set of pics my skin looks pretty good 80% clear, couple blemishes thats it, and in latter pics, small breakouts on each side of my lips and one on my left cheek :shhh: , skin is lookin a tad oily due to myself not moisturising (gettin lazy, letting tane do its own thing)

side effects: major dry lips few times a week (usually in morning), increased sweating whenever I am working out or at work (labour job) its gross, like sweat dripping off my face when I am not working that hard :shifty: and diarrhea latley :whistle:

also, I recevied a half penny size cut to my arm and neck, I put a bandaid over both of them, 2 days later i checked out the cuts and they looked 5x worse, 1 to 2 layers of my skin were gone and peeling and they grew to dollar size open minor wounds and scabbing up, I had to goto walk-in clinict o make sure they were o.k, where the doc told me its a minor infectionto to both areas, gave me antibiotics and healing cream, point of story treat cuts very carefully cause iam fairly certain that because of being on tane the cuts w/o treatment (of skin cream or steril) worsened! my skin is sooo fragile now any open cut will take a while to heal as i can see.

anyways, for the smaller pimples that break out I am trying Polysporin, to see if they heal faster than tazorac and b.p (what i usually use if i get tiny breakout)

Furthermore, tane has been very good to me w/ minimal side effects, ummm ill post new pics by the end of the week, when i am clean shaven :D so I can show how tane has done an amazing job on my face

Thats all for now

LATA

TEEJ

[attachmentid=4904]

[attachmentid=4905]

post-40151-1150174258_thumb.jpg

post-40151-1150174281_thumb.jpg

post-40151-1150174258_thumb.jpg

post-40151-1150174281_thumb.jpg

3 months in

Well, heres my last update cause im pretty again!!! :dance: my ac is 95% clear aannddd im just finishing my third and last pack of accutane. Little redness but time and moisturizing will clear it I hear. Here are my last updated pics 3.5 months (14 weeks in). If you see my past pics huge improvements, minimal side effects, in the end tane was very worth it.

Take Care everyone, thankyou all for your support, this is most def. the best acne board on the net

The Texas Kid

[attachmentid=5392][attachmentid=5393][attachmentid=5394][attachmentid=5395]

post-40151-1154395842_thumb.jpg

post-40151-1154395852_thumb.jpg

post-40151-1154395868_thumb.jpg

post-40151-1154395876_thumb.jpg

post-40151-1154395842_thumb.jpg

post-40151-1154395852_thumb.jpg

post-40151-1154395868_thumb.jpg

post-40151-1154395876_thumb.jpg

Amazing progress congrats "wow Teej your skin looks really great these days"

:angel: