Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have battled with acne for 7 years now. I have been on accutane twice, both times giving me crystal clear kin, but eventually it all came back, but not as bad as before going on accutane. After accutane I went on clindoxyl to control the minor pimples and it worked great. I was on it for a year and a half but then i started getting larger breakouts and decided to go back to the dermatologist.

He put me on minocin and differin. I have found that my face has become EXTREMELY oily now, so oily it feels like it "hurts" my face. I am not sure if it's the differin of minocin that is causing the problem. My dermatologist gave me clarex to help with the oil, but it only works well for a few hours... then it's oil city again. I don't think that the meds are working either.... my face is worse than when i first went to see him... my whole forehead has broken out in little pimples whereas before i just had some on my cheeks. I am also suddenly getting blackheads on my nose. My face miraculously cleared up for my last appointment... so my dermatologist thinks things are going great. I just feel like going back on accutane again because it made my skin look so nice, but i know it's not really good for me.

If anyone has any advice about what I should do, or what is causing the oily skin, it would be greatly appreciated.

-Lisa